Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
What is your biggest "wow am I dumb" moment?
Replies: 7
by
IMADreamer »
June 25 20, 11:14 am
First post
Monday night our internet went out. It was storming so I didn't think much of it. Tuesday it was still out so I thought we better call. Super nice...
Last post
I'm too dumb to recognize the dumb things I do and/or even remember them.
7 Replies
2182 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
June 25 20, 2:27 pm
Watchmen
Replies: 40
by
33anda3rd »
October 20 19, 6:26 pm
First post
Kicks off on TV, erm, HBO tonight.
They've been hyping this for months, I'm pretty excited about it.
Last post
I had avoided this show, because I feel like I'd rather watch a dozen rom coms before the next comic book movie. Also, I'd read the book and seen the...
40 Replies
11502 Views
Last post by BottenFieldofDreams
June 23 20, 1:10 pm
Questions re: Building a House
Replies: 25
by
go birds »
June 16 20, 11:00 am
First post
So i recently moved to Denver and currently live downtown by Coors Field. I thought it would be awesome, but since there is no baseball, it's been...
Last post
I've done a decent amount of remodeling work in the last few years since I bought my first house and got into woodworking a bit, both diy and some...
25 Replies
5888 Views
Last post by haltz
June 19 20, 10:45 pm
RIP Ian Holm
Replies: 5
by
CardsofSTL »
June 19 20, 7:05 am
First post
Ian Holm, star of Lord of the Rings, Alien and Chariots of Fire, dies aged 88
Ian Holm, the versatile actor who played everything from androids...
Last post
He really was a remarkably versatile actor, on stage and screen. I don't remember ever seeing a bad review about him.
Here's one: 'what have I got...
5 Replies
1752 Views
Last post by mikechamp
June 19 20, 1:48 pm
HYPOTHETICAL Insurance/Legal Question
Replies: 28
by
GeddyWrox »
September 18 19, 3:48 pm
First post
OK, so if a person - call them WeddyGrox - was hypothetically in an accident about a year ago where they hypothetically rear-ended someone, and that...
Last post
$500 sounds fair. Just make sure he knows you don't live there and that he can handle it without you needing to appear.
28 Replies
7353 Views
Last post by stlouie_lipp
June 16 20, 3:44 pm
I’m having a bipolar episode
Replies: 29
by
Mary1966 »
May 24 20, 12:26 pm
First post
It’s like someone put my brain in a blender, pushed purée, then took the top off and all the pieces are going everywhere. Please keep me in your...
Last post
Great news, Mary. Take care, we're here for you.
29 Replies
7232 Views
Last post by heyzeus
June 15 20, 9:17 am
American Beaches
Replies: 7
by
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »
June 12 20, 11:12 am
First post
Anyone have a favorite beach within the continental US? Preferably one that has clean water, good snorkeling, not a lot of people, and affordable...
Last post
Anything from Gulf Shores AL to Panama City Beach, FL along the panhandle will meet your needs. If you are concerned with crowds, stay at a property...
7 Replies
2008 Views
Last post by cardsfantx
June 12 20, 4:16 pm
Favorite Color
Replies: 17
by
CardsofSTL »
February 18 20, 11:14 am
First post
My favorite color is red. If your favorite color is something other than red; you are wrong; but I still love you.
Vote or be forced to wear plaid...
Last post
Worst poll results ever
17 Replies
4880 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
June 9 20, 3:28 pm
RIP Jerry Stiller
Replies: 8
by
heyzeus »
May 11 20, 5:55 am
Dead at 92. A bonus round zig airing of grievances is hereby approved.
8 Replies
3507 Views
Last post by Jocephus
June 5 20, 9:26 pm
23 Replies
7727 Views
Last post by stlouie_lipp
June 3 20, 1:44 pm
OMG what is that smell? And how do we fix it??
Replies: 20
by
GeddyWrox »
May 28 20, 10:47 am
First post
OK, so my girlfriend has a foul smell in her house. It could be a dead animal somewhere, or might be sewage collecting in the crawl space. I don't...
Last post
The plumber clearly saw this thread and was afraid that if he crawled under there, he'd end up a new addition to the other dead bodies she already...
20 Replies
6058 Views
Last post by tlombard
June 1 20, 11:17 am
Murder Hornets
Replies: 15
by
stlouie_lipp »
May 3 20, 2:25 pm
First post
(CNN)Just when you thought 2020 could not get any worse. Now we have giant hornets with freakish eyes and a venomous sting to add to this year's list...
Last post
You come at the king you best not miss
15 Replies
4851 Views
Last post by pioneer98
May 23 20, 12:29 pm
Happy birthday, MaradxGow (34), Obeltegelvils (32)!
Replies: 2
by
sighyoung »
May 21 20, 10:15 pm
First post
Happy birthday to two of the best posters around.
MaradxGow, I think it's terrific that your interests are oregon quit smoking or how to quit...
Last post
When we lost Obeltegelvils, it really was the day the soul of GRB died.
Didn’t he play 3B for the Cards? Maybe we could set up an interview?
2 Replies
1354 Views
Last post by Radbird
May 22 20, 1:18 pm
SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL
Replies: 40
by
M1IRONMIKE »
February 22 09, 2:44 am
First post
if you could travel in back in time just for observation purposes without being able to interact with the ongoing events where would you go?
Last post
Man, 2009 was a long time ago.
40 Replies
8930 Views
Last post by heyzeus
May 14 20, 9:17 am
Small motor/electronics repair resource?
Replies: 6
by
ghostrunner »
May 12 20, 7:13 am
First post
I’ve got 2 things I want to try and fix myself - a remote control toy car and a tall oscillating floor fan. Anyone know of a site that might have...
Last post
What are the symptoms?
With both of these, I’d guess gross mechanical or electrical connection failures. Do you have some kind meter you can check...
6 Replies
1779 Views
Last post by ghostrunner
May 14 20, 8:54 am
Little Richard RIP
Replies: 3
by
Joe Shlabotnik »
May 9 20, 9:35 am
First post
Good Golly Miss Molly, I thought he was long gone.
Last post
I found him really scary as a child, and knew him from TGIF. That's why we never lie, Stephanie and DJ, a wop bam boo!
But in the last few years...
3 Replies
1324 Views
Last post by BottenFieldofDreams
May 11 20, 12:03 pm
2 Replies
1800 Views
Last post by BottenFieldofDreams
April 24 20, 3:14 pm
Moolah Theatre is permanently closing
Replies: 1
by
mikechamp »
April 23 20, 1:26 pm
First post
For all the cinephiles in the St. Louis area, my condolences to you. (Disclaimer: I never stepped foot inside the building.)
Moolah Theatre, one...
Last post
I never saw a movie there but I always planned on seeing something there. I clearly waited to long and was too picky about what to see. It was the...
1 Replies
1343 Views
Last post by tlombard
April 23 20, 2:59 pm
Stay at Home Deals and Things to Do for your Quarantined Life
Replies: 9
by
CardsofSTL »
March 28 20, 12:24 pm
First post
Several companies are coming up with free and discounted deals to try and keep people at home; so if you are stuck at home by yourself; with your...
Last post
Stageit provides links to different at-home concerts by a variety of artists. For instance, Robyn Hitchcock performs concerts in his Nashville living...
9 Replies
3028 Views
Last post by sighyoung
April 23 20, 7:24 am
0 Replies
1023 Views
Last post by InvincibleCakeEater
April 22 20, 12:54 pm
Medical Marijuana
by
Smith Corks One »
April 20 20, 12:52 pm
Was going to put this in the other devil's lettuce thread, but that's more about recreational...plus, look at the calendar. Why limit our cannabis...
0 Replies
1159 Views
Last post by Smith Corks One
April 20 20, 12:52 pm
GRB 14 years
Replies: 35
by
TheoSqua »
April 14 20, 9:41 am
First post
I think GRB's 14 year anniversary is today. Neat.
Last post
I came here for the nudes. Still waiting.
HOld on, I'll PM you some of me.
35 Replies
7817 Views
Last post by Joe Shlabotnik
April 17 20, 2:36 pm
10 Replies
4883 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
April 17 20, 12:38 pm
RIP Kenny Rogers
Replies: 7
by
CardsofSTL »
March 21 20, 6:38 pm
First post
Kenny Rogers dies at 81
(CNN)Kenny Rogers, whose legendary music career spanned six decades, has died at the age of 81, his publicist Keith Hagan...
Last post
I love that episode. The broccoli scene is in my top 5 moments in that show history. Kramer on the bed is up there too.
I love...broccoli....
7 Replies
2734 Views
Last post by Leroy
April 17 20, 11:40 am
After the Lockdown...
Replies: 3
by
CardsofSTL »
April 15 20, 9:47 am
First post
So a lot of us are staying at home; as we should be; to help stop the spread of the virus. Some of us are still working. But the question remains;...
Last post
Obligations first. I've got to check on my mother, who is confused and worried sick in her nursing home, wondering why I've disappeared. I've got to...
3 Replies
1590 Views
Last post by sighyoung
April 15 20, 10:30 am
Where’d you go to high school?
Replies: 22
by
Radbird »
March 27 20, 11:02 am
First post
The most St. Louis-y question ever. I’m surprised it’s not on the Census.
Me: Webster Groves ‘71
Go Statesmen!
Last post
Rockford Guilford class of '91
I'm not the only Viking here. Michael, I'm looking at you.
Zeus is also a Viking, which is where I would've gone to...
22 Replies
6539 Views
Last post by heyzeus
April 11 20, 8:35 pm
Bill Withers RIP
Replies: 7
by
Joe Shlabotnik »
April 3 20, 8:58 am
But not from Corona.
For you younguns who don't know who Bill Withers is, stop what you are doing and take a listen. I loved Bill Withers.
7 Replies
2801 Views
Last post by BottenFieldofDreams
April 10 20, 12:01 pm
21 Replies
6446 Views
Last post by sighyoung
April 10 20, 9:05 am
The Beer Thread
Replies: 2614
by
thrill »
May 10 08, 2:58 am
First post
ITT we will discuss the blessed drink, make recommendations and commiserate with those who think every beer worth drinking is brewed in St. Louis and...
Last post
Brewers Association Survey: 46% of Craft Breweries Say They May Be Forced to Close Within 3 Months
Prohibition and depression knocked out a lot of...
2614 Replies
284604 Views
Last post by Freed Roger
April 8 20, 5:10 pm
Toddler's Online Curriculum
Replies: 10
by
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »
March 23 20, 7:54 am
First post
Is anyone aware of a good online program/website/etc to help 3 years old with counting, writing, etc? My 7 year old has plenty of work through his...
Last post
Starfall
10 Replies
3837 Views
Last post by cardsfantx
March 31 20, 6:14 pm
Bob Dylan Releases new Music
Replies: 1
by
CardsofSTL »
March 27 20, 11:50 am
First post
Bob Dylan's first song in eight years
Bob Dylan's first new song in eight years is a 17-minute rumination on the 1960s and the assassination...
Last post
Pretty cool but gosh dang that was depressing.
1 Replies
1397 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
March 27 20, 5:00 pm
Side Gigs to Occupy Spare Time
Replies: 20
by
tlombard »
February 6 20, 1:52 pm
First post
Anybody have much experience with side jobs to make a little extra money in your spare time? Ideas? Tips?
For the past month or so I have been...
Last post
So far we've been really well at the delivery thing, especially with the current stay at home situation. I did deliveries last Sunday and managed to...
20 Replies
6608 Views
Last post by tlombard
March 27 20, 10:03 am
Your sleep position
Replies: 29
by
Jocephus »
January 20 20, 3:35 pm
First post
(which i saw from this
although this reply is usually how i sleep
Last post
I'm #5 except the pillow is more around the back than the front and I alternate sides.
29 Replies
7896 Views
Last post by pioneer98
March 26 20, 4:16 pm
National Puppy Day!
Replies: 3
by
CardsofSTL »
March 23 20, 11:38 am
First post
Today is national puppy day! The best day ever!
Though to be honest I think every day is puppy day.
Feel free to post your favorite...
Last post
Puppies y'all
3 Replies
2543 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
March 23 20, 2:59 pm
5 Replies
2484 Views
Last post by New Pagodi
March 14 20, 9:12 pm
Curb
Replies: 10
by
33anda3rd »
December 11 19, 2:17 pm
First post
Threadworthy IMO.
I'm going to start tonight on watching them all from the beginning.
Last post
Maybe it's because I haven't watched the past couple seasons, but when did Larry become so in your face about things? It seems his character used to...
10 Replies
4781 Views
Last post by lukethedrifter
March 13 20, 3:16 pm
RIP Max von Sydow
Replies: 3
by
CardsofSTL »
March 10 20, 12:32 pm
First post
Max von Sydow dies at age 90
Max von Sydow, the self-described shy boy -turned-actor known to art house audiences through his work with Swedish...
Last post
JL is a big MvS fan.
3 Replies
1842 Views
Last post by lukethedrifter
March 13 20, 3:14 pm
European trip, no idea where to even start
Replies: 79
by
IMADreamer »
October 26 19, 9:13 pm
First post
Ok gang we've decided that next year we are headed to Europe. Here's the thing. We have no idea where to even begin with getting accomedations or...
Last post
Swiss Air just notified me that our flights are canceled which means we qualify for a refund.
79 Replies
20594 Views
Last post by Radbird
March 12 20, 3:53 pm
Airports.
Replies: 42
by
Freed Roger »
January 4 19, 9:22 pm
First post
Instead of the Random Musings, here is a thread to discuss airport stories and the good the bad and the ugly.
KCI- what the hell, it isn't even KC....
Last post
Airplane wifi sucks
Please extrapolate on your thesis with a 5,000 word essay supported by evidence in the form of 4K videos and minute-long gifs.
42 Replies
16463 Views
Last post by Donnie Ebert
March 11 20, 9:36 am
virtual reality headset
Replies: 9
by
go birds »
November 25 18, 4:34 pm
First post
so this is random but i keep getting asked what i want for christmas and theres literally nothing i need...and i don't want clothes or shoes or...
Last post
Mission accomplished
9 Replies
4406 Views
Last post by go birds
March 6 20, 9:38 pm
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum