I’m having a bipolar episode

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Mary1966 »

I bought a bunch of ingredients to make meals but I don’t feel like making them right now. I’ve gained 10 pounds eating comfort food. Still, I’ve lost 100 pounds since January 2019. Right now I’m dealing with some physical pain, upper back. I told my primary care physician about it in January and she told me to take Tylenol. It got so bad last night I called the after hours nurse at my PCP’s clinic and asked if I should go to the ER. She recommended continuing with the Tylenol and suggested a heating pad, which I happen to have. I get to have a Zoom meeting with some friends from NAMI at noon PDT.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by GeddyWrox »

I know first hand back pain can be awful. It can also affect mental state. If it is as bad as it sounds, insist on finding out the cause so you can get proper treatment. If Tylenol/Ibuprofen and heat doesn't help in a day or two, something is probably structurally wrong and will need an MRI or something to verify. The sooner you get that image, the sooner you are on the road to feeling better.

I hope everything gets better for you soon!!!

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Mary1966 »

I'm feeling a little better now. I was able to do my cooking for my diet. I'm going to videoconference with my psychiatrist on Thursday and hopefully we can discuss what's been going on and come up with a plan for moving forward.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by GeddyWrox »

Good. Small steps forward!

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Mary1966 »

I had a video conference with my psychiatrist and we discussed that a similar thing happened to me last year at this time. He made a medication change and I am hopeful that this will help because it did last year.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Jocephus »

Hope you are doing well Mary, thanks for sharing.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Tambourine Man »

Mary1966 wrote: ↑
June 5 20, 4:09 pm
I had a video conference with my psychiatrist and we discussed that a similar thing happened to me last year at this time. He made a medication change and I am hopeful that this will help because it did last year.
These things can be very cyclical. Late Spring/Early Summer sees a marked increase in manic symptoms among bipolar people. I call it "Mothers Day Madness" to poke fun at myself because if I'm gonna fly off the handle, that's when it kicks off.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by sighyoung »

Mary1966 wrote: ↑
June 5 20, 4:09 pm
I had a video conference with my psychiatrist and we discussed that a similar thing happened to me last year at this time. He made a medication change and I am hopeful that this will help because it did last year.
I hope that does the trick, Mary, and that you're feeling better very soon.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by Mary1966 »

I have been improving over the past few days and I think that this episode is over. Thanks to everyone here who has been keeping me in their thoughts.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: I’m having a bipolar episode

Post by heyzeus »

Great news, Mary. Take care, we're here for you.

Post Reply