After the Lockdown...
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69850
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
After the Lockdown...
So a lot of us are staying at home; as we should be; to help stop the spread of the virus. Some of us are still working. But the question remains; when things at some point re-open for business as usual and the stay at home orders are lifted...what are you looking forward to doing again?
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: After the Lockdown...
I voted visit family and friends. But what I'm really going to do is throw a huge party.
I hope we can have somewhat of a normal summer. Summer is a big deal for us. We have an in-ground pool and hot tub in the house we bought in 2018 and we like to entertain with good smoked meats, bbq, etc.
I'm throwing my friends and family the biggest [expletive] party once this is over.
I hope we can have somewhat of a normal summer. Summer is a big deal for us. We have an in-ground pool and hot tub in the house we bought in 2018 and we like to entertain with good smoked meats, bbq, etc.
I'm throwing my friends and family the biggest [expletive] party once this is over.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: After the Lockdown...
I can't wait to be either at a game (fingers crossed) or bar to watch live sports with friends.
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38614
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: After the Lockdown...
Obligations first. I've got to check on my mother, who is confused and worried sick in her nursing home, wondering why I've disappeared. I've got to get my son back home from Taiwan. My daughter will be a rising senior who now has few options for the summer--either jobs or academic activities--and needs to think through college choices. Plus, I've got to plan my classes for both in-person and online instruction.
I'm very fortunate (I still have my job), but have to make certain financial decisions, given probable cuts in either salary, benefits, or both.
But I need to get to libraries and archives, because I'm working on two books and an article project, and need to get materials to finish the book by October 1st.
I'm very fortunate (I still have my job), but have to make certain financial decisions, given probable cuts in either salary, benefits, or both.
But I need to get to libraries and archives, because I'm working on two books and an article project, and need to get materials to finish the book by October 1st.

