Bill Withers RIP
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24269
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Bill Withers RIP
But not from Corona.
For you younguns who don't know who Bill Withers is, stop what you are doing and take a listen. I loved Bill Withers.
For you younguns who don't know who Bill Withers is, stop what you are doing and take a listen. I loved Bill Withers.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Bill Withers RIP
Oh no!
Such a badass. I listen to Live at Carnegie Hall often. I get a little bit cooler every time I do. The record industry lost an epic game of chicken with him: again, such a badass.
I like the version of this song on that album better than this one, but still great:
Such a badass. I listen to Live at Carnegie Hall often. I get a little bit cooler every time I do. The record industry lost an epic game of chicken with him: again, such a badass.
I like the version of this song on that album better than this one, but still great:
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Bill Withers RIP
I couldn't remember what his lunchpail job was, so I looked it up. He makes Billy Dee Williams look like Urkel:
Heavy in Bill Withers YouTube right now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Withers#Early_lifeHe left the Navy in 1965, and relocated to Los Angeles in 1967 to start a music career.[6][7] Withers worked as an assembler for several different companies, including Douglas Aircraft Corporation, while recording demo tapes with his own money, shopping them around and performing in clubs at night. When he debuted with the song "Ain't No Sunshine", he refused to resign from his job because he believed the music business was a fickle industry.[6]
Heavy in Bill Withers YouTube right now.
- Donnie Ebert
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 6651
- Joined: June 15 06, 9:11 am
- Location: Reading The Boat Rocker by Terence Mann
Re: Bill Withers RIP
Given it's one of the few songs I can play on piano, for homeschool music class today I had the kids sing Lean On Me over my playing and sent it to the grandparents for a little pick me up. Singing the song with them, especially in these times, stirred something in me.
Such a great song of many by him.
Such a great song of many by him.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24269
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: Bill Withers RIP
AwesomeDonnie Ebert wrote: ↑April 3 20, 1:58 pmGiven it's one of the few songs I can play on piano, for homeschool music class today I had the kids sing Lean On Me over my playing and sent it to the grandparents for a little pick me up. Singing the song with them, especially in these times, stirred something in me.
Such a great song of many by him.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Bill Withers RIP
If you guys haven't heard it. Bill Withers live at Carnegie Hall is a great live performance.
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: Bill Withers RIP
I love Bill Withers. Lovely Day is my favorite song.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm


