Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Poetry
Replies: 52
by
jim »
May 4 11, 7:58 am
First post
I guess I just don't get it. I was helping my son last night with some poem by Wordsworth(nice name for a poet btw). Tinern Abbey or some god damn...
Last post
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that...
52 Replies
7323 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
February 20 21, 5:10 pm
Lucid dreaming
Replies: 58
by
cardinalkarp »
December 3 10, 12:50 pm
First post
So, i decided to start going back to school this fall. I've actually really enjoyed it so far this time around, even though it has been alot of work....
Last post
I've been having lucid dreams quite frequently. I didn't use to remember my dreams at all for years, but for the past several months, I've begun...
58 Replies
11301 Views
Last post by sighyoung
February 18 21, 6:32 pm
Blowing and or fixing glass
by
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »
February 18 21, 12:16 am
Weird subject and all but does anyone know how to fix cracks in glass cups? I have some rocks glasses that are probably 100 years old and somehow one...
0 Replies
522 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
February 18 21, 12:16 am
If I had a million dollars
Replies: 28
by
heyzeus »
June 5 14, 8:20 am
First post
I'd buy a new pair of socks to wear for every day. New socks are awesome. So cozy.
Last post
I would still shovel my own snow.
28 Replies
3699 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
February 16 21, 3:01 pm
List of common misconceptions
Replies: 1
by
Jocephus »
February 10 21, 2:38 pm
First post
whats your favorite?
mine? - Thomas Crapper did not invent the flush toilet.
Last post
Favorite so far: Porcupines do not shoot their quills. They can detach but do not project.
I had my first encounter with one a couple of years ago....
1 Replies
698 Views
Last post by Radbird
February 11 21, 7:14 pm
I don't know how to react to this (a serious post, really).
Replies: 37
by
Leroy »
October 30 18, 8:40 pm
First post
In the last few days I have found out some disturbing things about my best friend. I am posting here for a sounding board as I don't want to put it...
Last post
I don't really know about injuries really, but I do know that chemicals can really do a number on the brain. I have a bad liver that doesn't clean...
37 Replies
8976 Views
Last post by Leroy
February 10 21, 1:03 pm
200 Replies
60190 Views
Last post by Jocephus
February 10 21, 9:52 am
14 Replies
2708 Views
Last post by heyzeus
February 6 21, 10:44 am
RIP Christopher Plummer
Replies: 2
by
CardsofSTL »
February 5 21, 12:56 pm
First post
Christopher Plummer, Whose Résumé Spanned Shakespeare to ‘The Sound of Music,’ Dies at 91
Christopher Plummer, the prolific and versatile...
Last post
Plummer was a die-hard Trekkie
While speaking with Shatner for his 2011 The Captains documentary, Plummer revealed that he loved the original...
2 Replies
791 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
February 5 21, 7:19 pm
Stonks
Replies: 31
by
heyzeus »
January 29 21, 9:35 am
First post
How does everyone feel about this Gamestop thing? Anyone make like a million dollars?
Last post
I got caught up in it as an investor in Centurylink (love the dividend). Woke up one morning last week with that sucker up 30% So I let little bits...
31 Replies
5034 Views
Last post by Joe Shlabotnik
February 5 21, 7:52 am
Cell Phone Help
Replies: 38
by
ZigZagCardsFan »
September 25 14, 3:01 pm
First post
My company is buying me a cellphone instead of giving me a raise but they're leaving it up to me which phone to get. I'm of the age where I feel like...
Last post
My old LG G5 isn't going to hold out much longer. I finally gave in and ordered a new phone. I really liked the reviews I saw of the Google Pixel 4a...
38 Replies
14155 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
February 4 21, 4:44 pm
4633 Replies
633081 Views
Last post by pioneer98
February 1 21, 8:35 pm
6 Replies
1777 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
February 1 21, 6:30 pm
There's cheating, and then there's adultery, and then there's this
Replies: 4
by
mikechamp »
January 29 21, 11:14 am
First post
Wow! This is an amazing tale. So much for being a role model, pillar of the community, Christian, etc. It was all a facade:
A Texas Police Chief...
Last post
In the age of social media, it's insane he thought this would all end well. I can also tell you, from my work, that police officers do some crazy...
4 Replies
849 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
January 29 21, 2:33 pm
RIP Larry King
Replies: 1
by
heyzeus »
January 23 21, 7:07 am
First post
The Hank Aaron of celebrity name dropping interviews.
Last post
I was worried about him with the last medical news he had. RIP Larry, one of a kind.
1 Replies
562 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
January 23 21, 10:34 am
Flint, Michigan:
Replies: 47
by
UK »
January 29 16, 11:17 am
First post
C'mon Feds....
There's some criminal activity of proportions not seen in some quite time by a Government body
This makes what Christie did look...
Last post
To be honest, I'm still not 100% sure exactly what happened. But, I feel like understanding the chemical reactions really helps. If you go back to my...
47 Replies
18226 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
January 14 21, 7:52 am
Nipah virus
Replies: 2
by
mikechamp »
January 12 21, 4:09 pm
First post
We've all probably got pandemic fatigue. Hopefully this thread will fade into the back pages of GRB, and not become a prolific thread like the...
Last post
I look forward to my inevitable virus death in 2023. Just put it in my outlook calendar.
2 Replies
837 Views
Last post by heyzeus
January 13 21, 12:51 pm
Super Recogniser
Replies: 1
by
mikechamp »
January 11 21, 4:07 pm
First post
Who needs facial recognition software when you have people like this guy who walk among us?
Birmingham 'memory cop' Andy Pope spots 2,000 suspects...
Last post
Big whoop. I can do that. However, I can only remember like 4 names.
1 Replies
1211 Views
Last post by Leroy
January 11 21, 6:22 pm
20 Replies
4000 Views
Last post by obucard
January 8 21, 11:05 am
Happy New Year
Replies: 6
by
Radbird »
January 1 21, 8:02 am
First post
We have finally put 2020 in our rear view mirror. While thankful beyond words, we’re not quite out of the COVID woods yet. But at some point this...
Last post
It's been 7 days and 2021 makes 2020 look like a spa day.
6 Replies
1389 Views
Last post by Leroy
January 7 21, 10:11 am
111 Replies
20740 Views
Last post by Jocephus
January 6 21, 9:54 am
9 Replies
2078 Views
Last post by Jocephus
January 5 21, 4:47 pm
Tony Rice dies
Replies: 2
by
Joe Shlabotnik »
December 27 20, 8:26 pm
First post
Bluegrassers will know him. One of my favorite albums:
Last post
Such an amazing player.
2 Replies
734 Views
Last post by redbirdjazzz
January 4 21, 11:50 am
Test taking - can you improve that?
Replies: 12
by
Leroy »
December 29 20, 12:50 pm
First post
I mean, duh, yeah, you can get smarter. But my question is more on the lines of I have a friend or unadopted daughter that is working towards college...
Last post
I remember taking the PE, which I did a piss poor job studying for, and afterwards just being like...well, if I passed, it is by a pretty thin margin...
12 Replies
3951 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
December 30 20, 10:43 am
8 Replies
1547 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
December 29 20, 9:09 am
Leslie West RIP
Replies: 1
by
Joe Shlabotnik »
December 23 20, 9:50 pm
First post
Not from Covid.
Leslie West, whose meaty guitar riffs and snarling lead lines powered the hit band Mountain through “Mississippi Queen” and other...
Last post
Here is a little known instrumental by Leslie West. Short but sweet:
1 Replies
718 Views
Last post by mikechamp
December 24 20, 5:05 am
Christmas Music
Replies: 9
by
Famous Mortimer »
December 7 20, 10:34 am
First post
I know there was a thread on here a while back, and I made a Youtube playlist out of it.
I also added some of my own left-field favourites,...
Last post
Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus
9 Replies
1493 Views
Last post by Richie Allen
December 22 20, 2:38 am
Garfield minus Garfield
Replies: 25
by
heyzeus »
February 27 08, 1:01 pm
First post
This is really quite brilliant/hilarious:
Last post
@yeetgarf is the best twitter handle of all time.
25 Replies
6791 Views
Last post by heyzeus
December 15 20, 10:38 am
7 Replies
1780 Views
Last post by IMADreamer
December 14 20, 4:30 pm
major sports in pandemic.thoughts.
Replies: 11
by
Freed Roger »
December 8 20, 9:52 pm
First post
Tom Brady plays for the Bucs? Who won the WS? Who won the Stanley Cup? ....I was going to make this a poll, gauging interest in major sports. But I...
Last post
I was unable to watch the Cardinals due to blackouts and contract negotiations with YouTubeTV and Sinclair and all that fun stuff, so that was a...
11 Replies
1917 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
December 9 20, 1:33 pm
RIP Slim Jim's Chef
Replies: 4
by
Joe Shlabotnik »
December 4 20, 11:58 am
First post
Lon Adams, modern Slim Jim creator, dies.
Yes, coronavirus related.
Lon Adams, who created the modern recipe for Slim Jim beef jerky and helped...
Last post
Yummm lactic acid starter
4 Replies
1150 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
December 4 20, 8:05 pm
Supersonic speed
Replies: 11
by
mikechamp »
December 2 20, 11:07 am
First post
For those who like things that go very fast, there's been a breakthrough... thanks to some old ideas:
The Experimental Engine That Could Get Us...
Last post
I don't think the military necessarily has to follow the FAA rules?
Yeah I don't think so either. We still occasionally hear them out at the...
11 Replies
3330 Views
Last post by IMADreamer
December 3 20, 6:52 pm
We don't have a Serial Killer thread?
Replies: 18
by
lukethedrifter »
January 12 13, 11:42 am
First post
hmmm. Well, I suppose this could go in WTF ...
This is Rodney Alcala in 1978 after AFTER he had already murdered several women and more importantly...
Last post
Trying to keep things organized here on the board, hence the throwback thread bump:
How America's Deadliest Serial Killer Went Undetected for More...
18 Replies
4047 Views
Last post by mikechamp
December 1 20, 2:37 pm
Kit Kat Kwestion
Replies: 19
by
heyzeus »
November 9 20, 4:03 pm
First post
This is an important thing that I'm asking you.
Last post
I was quite surprised finding this thread of kit kat lovers. So cool:)
Classic Jerry
19 Replies
2977 Views
Last post by InvincibleCakeEater
December 1 20, 1:28 pm
Coronavirus and the holidays
Replies: 14
by
Gashouse »
October 20 20, 11:36 am
First post
We're starting to plan for the holidays and I'm totally unsure what to do. Recent articles/experts have said the next 6-12 weeks are going to be...
Last post
Ended up being even smaller than expected on my end. My BIL’s grandma passed away and he was forced to go to the funeral where there were people...
14 Replies
2076 Views
Last post by cardinalkarp
December 1 20, 12:02 pm
1 Replies
783 Views
Last post by mikechamp
November 30 20, 3:16 pm
59 Replies
12624 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
November 28 20, 1:05 am
The Penske File
Replies: 38
by
stlouie_lipp »
November 24 15, 3:27 pm
First post
I have been working on it since about noon today and will probably be buried in it until tomorrow afternoon.
Last post
With work from home, the Penske File just doesn't quite seem the same today.
38 Replies
20590 Views
Last post by stlouie_lipp
November 25 20, 10:43 am
Well that was way more expensive than I thought
Replies: 1
by
IMADreamer »
November 21 20, 9:57 pm
First post
A few days ago it was a beautiful 70 degrees and I took the Viper out for a drive. I stop to get gas and this guy in a bro truck pulls infront of me...
Last post
yep, I backed into my neighbors subaru and barely divoted plastic side panel. it was so minimal that when i pointed it out to my neighbor, he was...
1 Replies
765 Views
Last post by Freed Roger
November 22 20, 8:47 am
psychotic break?
Replies: 28
by
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »
April 30 13, 9:53 am
First post
So, paging Dr Cronos.
The other night, I had a dream, a really really really really^infinite power, weird and [expletive] up dream. I can't remember all...
Last post
My mom passed in 2014 as some of you know. We were very close.
Anyway, every now and then (maybe twice a year) she will appear to me in my dreams....
28 Replies
4015 Views
Last post by IMADreamer
November 18 20, 12:18 pm
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum