RIP Christopher Plummer

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69864
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

RIP Christopher Plummer

Post by CardsofSTL »

Christopher Plummer, Whose Résumé Spanned Shakespeare to ‘The Sound of Music,’ Dies at 91

Christopher Plummer, the prolific and versatile Canadian-born actor who rose to celebrity as the romantic lead in perhaps the most popular movie musical of all time, was critically lionized as among the pre-eminent Shakespeareans of the past century and won an Oscar, two Tonys and two Emmys, died on Friday at his home in Weston, Conn. He was 91.

His wife, Elaine Taylor, said the cause was a blow to the head as a result of a fall.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69864
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: RIP Christopher Plummer

Post by CardsofSTL »


User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69864
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: RIP Christopher Plummer

Post by CardsofSTL »

Plummer was a die-hard Trekkie

While speaking with Shatner for his 2011 The Captains documentary, Plummer revealed that he loved the original series and watched it often.

"I was a serious Trekkie when it first came out," Plummer told Shatner in the doc. "I was living in England all through the 1960s, but I watched you on television over and over again."

Quipping it was 100 years later when he was asked to join Star Trek VI as the iconic Klingon Gen. Chang, Plummer said he delighted in being bald and sporting the villain's eye patch.

"I looked a bit like [Israeli military leader and politician] Moshe Dayan in heat," Plummer joked. "And I had the most marvelous time playing with you guys again."

Post Reply