Chili

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Chili

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Does anyone know if chili is more of a regional food? I was eating some earlier and cannot recall ever hearing about a chili cook-off anywhere but the midwest and Texas.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Chili

Post by Socnorb11 »

Not to hijack the thread, but a friend of mine and I were having a debate about whether chili was soup. Any opinions?

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Chili

Post by docellis »

They had chili cook offs in the southeast where i used to live.

And I think it is a quasi soup since it is usually grouped with soup on buffets.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Chili

Post by Leroy »

We have cook-offs way up here in SD, so I assume they are everywhere.

And I consider it a soup, unless it's on fries or something. I love chili.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Chili

Post by sighyoung »

Socnorb11 wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but a friend of mine and I were having a debate about whether chili was soup. Any opinions?
I think it could be a stew or a soup, depending upon how you make it.

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12861
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: Chili

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Chili is great in bed.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Chili

Post by sighyoung »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:Chili is great in bed.
Plus, if the bowl spills while you're sleeping, it won't set the bed on fire.

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12861
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: Chili

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

sighyoung wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:Chili is great in bed.
Plus, if the bowl spills while you're sleeping, it won't set the bed on fire.
That's what I'm talking about.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Chili

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I knock Steak N Shake when I get the chance on these boards, but I will say that their chili is the best I've ever tasted. And it's a good question about the soup or stew -- Rachael Ray would call it a "stoup." LOLOL.

I just never hear of people in anywhere but this part of the country liking it. I've heard quite a few New Englanders remark that it just looks disgusting.

Online
User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31036
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Chili

Post by Popeye_Card »

GatewaySnayke wrote:I knock Steak N Shake when I get the chance on these boards, but I will say that their chili is the best I've ever tasted. And it's a good question about the soup or stew -- Rachael Ray would call it a "stoup." LOLOL.
I believe you are my polar opposite. I love Steak-N-Shake, but their chili is decidedly mediocre.

--P--

Post Reply