Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Memorial Day Memories
Replies: 14
by
SunnyJim »
May 29 21, 9:01 am
First post
Once again we honor those who served our country and were killed in action.
Many confuse Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. Veteran's day is for those...
Last post
I was talking to Mrs. AW about how somber the thought of Memorial Day is, especially in comparison to how most of the nation treats the day (extra...
14 Replies
3885 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
May 31 22, 6:59 am
14 Replies
2315 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
May 28 22, 10:20 pm
Millennials: the scoreboard
Replies: 1
by
Arthur Dent »
May 24 22, 8:44 am
First post
Over in the Star Trek thread, thrill writes:
apparently examining trauma is the millennial generation's biggest/only? contribution to society
I...
Last post
Social media, for better or worse.
1 Replies
828 Views
Last post by MrCrowesGarden
May 24 22, 8:53 am
Camping, backpacking, hiking, et al
Replies: 502
by
lukethedrifter »
March 25 09, 9:27 am
First post
I need to get better at this backpacking thing I like to do. First thing is figure out how much and what sort of food to carry. I've tried to stay...
Last post
I’ll get to the Boundary Waters one day
Let's go !
Got there about a week later. Not enough time spent there though.
Hibbing Minnesota is a...
502 Replies
136663 Views
Last post by lukethedrifter
May 18 22, 12:05 pm
I did a fun thing today
Replies: 10
by
Smith Corks One »
May 13 22, 1:56 pm
First post
Can't give specifics due to an NDA, but I was a juror for a mock trial put on by a consulting firm. $300 to listen to both sides of a tort case and...
Last post
You should have stated that you do not believe in the constitution of the United States and called for jury nullification.
While that would have...
10 Replies
1671 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
May 17 22, 7:32 am
Happy Birthday Blitzer!
Replies: 7
by
Radbird »
May 15 11, 3:42 pm
First post
A quarter of a century old today. A milestone worthy of some quality drunkthread posting later on tonight.
Did you name your dog yet?
Last post
Blitzer I hope your old email address is still active and you get a notification for this.
7 Replies
1577 Views
Last post by heyzeus
May 16 22, 9:12 am
I Like This Place (forum)
Replies: 21
by
Been There »
November 20 15, 3:07 pm
First post
First off, I'm a genuine St. Louis Cardinal fan. Can't remember when I first started listening and watching the Cardinal baseball games. Must have...
Last post
80? Wow. Hope he's well.
Looking through this thread, I see several posters I miss: ZigZagCardsFan , dmarx114 , Felix The Cat , and ESPECIALLY...
21 Replies
4744 Views
Last post by Smith Corks One
May 15 22, 5:35 am
Great Tweets
Replies: 45
by
go birds »
March 4 22, 1:47 pm
First post
this is dangerously close to politics but let's just enjoy it for what it is. i can't stop watchin
Last post
Ok, sorry guys, but if a great tweet is political in nature, let's move it to politics. It can be a great political tweet there.
45 Replies
6536 Views
Last post by heyzeus
May 12 22, 10:36 am
Happy Birthday cardinalkarp!!
Replies: 16
by
Radbird »
May 11 12, 7:31 am
First post
Happy Birthday, young fella!
Sorry to keep recycling this pic, but it's a classic. Have a great day!!
Last post
Happy birthday CK! It's no longer your birthday, but if I had a time machine, I'd go back and wish you to have a happy birthday on your actual...
16 Replies
2188 Views
Last post by heyzeus
May 12 22, 8:52 am
The Space thread
Replies: 95
by
ghostrunner »
July 27 09, 1:06 pm
First post
I'm in the mood to post space stuff lately, and this sounds awesome if it can be done:
Last post
I was fully expecting a Rick Astley video at the end.
Kind of disappointed.
(j/k that was cool)
95 Replies
199853 Views
Last post by mikechamp
May 10 22, 12:55 pm
Earthquake in St. Louis
Replies: 2
by
TGantz »
April 29 22, 4:39 pm
First post
Ya'll felt that right?
Edit-Confirmed
ST. LOUIS — A 2.5 magnitude earthquake struck about 2 miles south-southwest of Peerless Park, Missouri....
Last post
New Madrid fault?
2 Replies
869 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
April 29 22, 5:10 pm
Book thread
Replies: 515
by
docellis »
December 18 09, 1:02 am
First post
Didn't we have one of these? My search results were inadequate.
So I am reading a book called The Lie by Chad Kultgen. I feel defiled and I think it...
Last post
That said, aside from Hermoine (who despite her brilliance, has to fight for respect, even from the perspective of the author it seems), every good...
515 Replies
76289 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
April 28 22, 8:45 am
Taxes
Replies: 28
by
JackofDiamonds »
April 11 11, 3:32 pm
First post
1) File them.
2) Arkansas' individual tax form has a smiley face next to line 48 (refund or overpayment credit) and a frowning face next to line 49...
Last post
Here is an interesting article. I always hear about how Amazon pays no taxes but it looks like in 2021 they do, to the tune of $2.1 billion. But I...
28 Replies
3975 Views
Last post by Leroy
April 26 22, 10:25 am
2022 NAMIWalks Fundraiser
Replies: 10
by
Mary1966 »
April 9 22, 1:41 pm
First post
This year our biggest fundraiser of the year is back to being in person. My goal this year is $250. Please contribute at my fundraiser page.
Last post
I'm late to the party, but I'm still coming!
10 Replies
1799 Views
Last post by Michael
April 25 22, 6:03 pm
GRB NFTs ACT NOW GREAT INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY
Replies: 26
by
heyzeus »
April 1 22, 9:08 am
First post
It is with great excitement that we, the GRB mod/ownership team, announce GRBNFTs! For years now, we have been told by our members that you want the...
Last post
The straightness of the chalk lines accent the painting in such a way that makes you feel like you're actually there.
26 Replies
5420 Views
Last post by TGantz
April 24 22, 4:33 am
Legendary Bands/Artists You Just Don't Get? They Do Nothing For You
Replies: 58
by
Tambourine Man »
March 10 22, 2:05 am
First post
Let's kick this cage fight off with...
1) Led Zeppelin - They've got it all. Everything a rock band should bring to the table is present. Yet, I...
Last post
I am listening to Minnesota radio with some Memphis announcer and they are talking about the day Elvis died. That's one I don't get. Elvis.
58 Replies
8768 Views
Last post by redbirdjazzz
April 22 22, 9:56 am
Provel is gourmet
Replies: 24
by
heyzeus »
April 8 22, 12:26 pm
First post
Bon Appetit Magazine gives Provel the culinary love it deserves.
“Well?” I paused, my taste buds trying to process this new experience....
Last post
Oh lord.
24 Replies
3099 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
April 19 22, 9:05 am
RIP Gilbert Gottfried
Replies: 15
by
ghostrunner »
April 12 22, 1:39 pm
Gottfried was incredibly funny. Not someone who was ever a favorite standup of mine, but I remember hearing him on Stern and other places and he was...
15 Replies
2448 Views
Last post by Jocephus
April 13 22, 6:47 pm
What is the Better Hotel in St Louis
Replies: 19
by
fanforever »
April 18 09, 12:30 pm
First post
Hilton St. Louis Downtown
Omni Majestic Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel St. Louis - Downtown
Courtyard St. Louis Downtown
Planning for a possible trip in...
Last post
Last hotel I stayed at in St Louis was Hilton at the Ballpark and I've never been more drunk in my life. Walked from the hotel to BPV to Busch to BPV...
19 Replies
2794 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
April 13 22, 6:31 pm
Happy Birthday, Cheddar Tom!
Replies: 8
by
Radbird »
April 9 13, 10:54 am
First post
Treat yourself to a bag of these - available at your local Walmart.
Rally squirrel says have a great day!
Last post
:lol:
8 Replies
1496 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
April 12 22, 1:50 am
Money vs Time
Replies: 65
by
Gashouse »
October 16 19, 11:19 am
First post
Where is the appropriate balance between making more money and having more time with kids/family? I know that answer is different for everyone, but...
Last post
With money, you can buy time.
With time, you can make money.
yeah buddy
65 Replies
18019 Views
Last post by kriptopoulin
April 11 22, 11:51 pm
SLAP
Replies: 105
by
BottenFieldofDreams »
March 28 22, 12:13 am
First post
Well yikes. The Fresh Prince slapped Lil’ Penny.
Last post
as far as a punishment, it seems pretty lame. i believe he can still be nominated, win and go to after parties, just not the actual ceremony, which,...
105 Replies
11196 Views
Last post by sighyoung
April 11 22, 2:54 pm
466 Replies
42037 Views
Last post by Radbird
April 11 22, 10:43 am
This seems like a good place to start.
Replies: 39
by
redbird1 »
June 3 09, 1:33 pm
First post
First of all, I'd like to say Hello. Alright, so I just wanted to say a few things here, OK? I recently discovered this board via CardsTalk and...
Last post
@redbird1, it's been real.
Happy birthday. No doubt that one complaint you've been saving for 13 years has aged like fine whine.
39 Replies
5066 Views
Last post by sighyoung
April 8 22, 10:47 am
Bruce Willis Retiring from acting due to health reasons
Replies: 10
by
Jocephus »
March 30 22, 11:01 am
First post
Bruce Willis Has Aphasia and Is 'Stepping Away' from Acting, Family Reveals
Last post
Reminds me of Brian Wilson from The Beach Boys. Getting dragged around by slave drivers trying to milk them for their last dollar.
10 Replies
1696 Views
Last post by Superorganism
April 1 22, 8:39 am
Happy Birthday, Felix The Cat!
Replies: 7
by
Radbird »
March 20 13, 10:20 am
First post
Happy 28th!
I didn't realize you had your own facebook page.
Official Felix the Cat
Last post
Happy belated birthday
7 Replies
2044 Views
Last post by kriptopoulin
March 28 22, 11:45 pm
14 Replies
2307 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
March 28 22, 12:53 pm
mental illness/ suicide
Replies: 62
by
Diddy »
September 27 17, 11:48 am
First post
This morning I went to the funeral of a friend and member of my extended family. From the outside he had the perfect life. Great loving wife and...
Last post
I deleted my post because I didn't like how critical it sounded even though it really comes from a place of something I struggle with myself.
Back...
62 Replies
31001 Views
Last post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
March 26 22, 12:57 am
RIP Stephen Wilhite
Replies: 5
by
Radbird »
March 24 22, 10:53 am
First post
Who the hell is that, you say? He only changed the world, not to mention providing sighyoung with a second job.
Last post
I have not independently verified this claim (nor do I plan to).
5 Replies
1051 Views
Last post by Radbird
March 25 22, 4:38 pm
It's Tuesday, 2-22-22
Replies: 25
by
heyzeus »
February 22 22, 9:51 am
First post
So we have that going for us, which is nice.
Last post
It is no longer Tuesday, 2-22-22.
now its tuesday 3-22-22
Be careful, the government does not like dangerous truthtellers like yourself.
25 Replies
4990 Views
Last post by heyzeus
March 22 22, 7:15 am
10 Replies
1934 Views
Last post by kriptopoulin
March 17 22, 12:11 am
The Metaverse
Replies: 29
by
mikechamp »
October 21 21, 10:35 am
First post
Did anyone see Ready Player One ? Because that's what I'm envisioning this thing will look/feel like.
Apparently, it's the next big thing. What is...
Last post
A metaverse is a collection of 3D virtual worlds designed to foster social interaction. It is frequently described as a hypothetical iteration of the...
29 Replies
5928 Views
Last post by kriptopoulin
March 17 22, 12:01 am
40 Replies
6389 Views
Last post by sighyoung
March 16 22, 11:22 am
RIP William Hurt
by
CardsofSTL »
March 13 22, 6:13 pm
William Hurt Dead at 71
A fine actor. RIP.
William Hurt, who became a top leading man in the 1980s, winning an Oscar for 1985’s “Kiss of the...
0 Replies
590 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
March 13 22, 6:13 pm
LOL Dogs
Replies: 22
by
Radbird »
May 30 07, 12:08 pm
First post
Some equal time for our canine companions...
Last post
Some equal time for our canine companions. . .
Fine
22 Replies
5165 Views
Last post by sighyoung
March 13 22, 12:57 pm
Conspiracy Theories!
Replies: 15
by
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »
March 10 22, 10:00 am
How is it possible we don't have a conspiracy theory thread?
con·spir·a·cy the·o·ry
/kənˈspirəsē ˈTHiərē,ˈTHirē/
noun
a belief that some covert...
15 Replies
1925 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
March 12 22, 12:58 am
Expert Says Humans are Aliens
Replies: 80
by
GeddyWrox »
February 8 22, 10:19 am
First post
Expert
I post this, not because I believe it, but just for the interest/entertainment value of it.
A new theory proposed by Dr. Ellis Silver...
Last post
Expert says Uranus has two poles.
TWO??? Impressive.
80 Replies
11798 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
March 7 22, 8:57 am
Happy Birthday, Mary1966!!
Replies: 5
by
Radbird »
February 26 22, 1:44 pm
First post
Hope you’re doing well and having a wonderful day!!
Last post
Happy Belated Birthday!
5 Replies
856 Views
Last post by CardsofSTL
March 1 22, 1:55 am
252 Replies
46369 Views
Last post by GeddyWrox
February 23 22, 10:06 am
Raw Milk
Replies: 14
by
go birds »
February 11 22, 12:08 pm
First post
anyone dabbled?
apparently its hard to find, due to legality and/or availability where legal, but i found a place out here in colorado and the...
Last post
go birds can you add this poll to the thread?
Which gives you worse diarrhea?
A) Raw Milk
B) Homemade Yogurt
It's full of probiotics!...
14 Replies
1844 Views
Last post by G. Keenan
February 15 22, 11:00 am
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum