What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by jim »

sighyoung wrote:The Dr
jim wrote:Drury for value. Westin if price is no object.
Which Drury Inn? The one by Busch Stadium?
Yep. There is another one down by the landing which I almost made a reservation at once so you have to make sure you are down by the ballpark.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Any reviews for the Crown Plaza? Never stayed there before, but will be in May.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69897
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by CardsofSTL »

fulldeck wrote: ↑
April 19 09, 4:02 pm
I have stayed at the Courtyard St. Louis Downtown several times after winning bids on priceline. It isn't fancy but it gets the job done. The bus should take you right to the stadium from there but I always drive over to the stadium.
This was your last post birthday boy. I hope you weren't murdered at this hotel because the irony would be too much to bear.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69897
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by CardsofSTL »

Last hotel I stayed at in St Louis was Hilton at the Ballpark and I've never been more drunk in my life. Walked from the hotel to BPV to Busch to BPV & woke up in the hotel. Don't think I walked there though. I might have flown up to my room because I think I left the window open.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62315
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by Radbird »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 2:46 am
Last hotel I stayed at in St Louis was Hilton at the Ballpark and I've never been more drunk in my life. Walked from the hotel to BPV to Busch to BPV & woke up in the hotel. Don't think I walked there though. I might have flown up to my room because I think I left the window open.
Did you go up to the rooftop bar?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by Jocephus »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 2:46 am
Last hotel I stayed at in St Louis was Hilton at the Ballpark and I've never been more drunk in my life. Walked from the hotel to BPV to Busch to BPV & woke up in the hotel. Don't think I walked there though. I might have flown up to my room because I think I left the window open.
funny, 'cause thats the same for me. i forget what year it was now, 2013ish maybe? dad wins a silent auction that was a private flight from wichita to stl and 2 games at busch in the BoA suite with free everything and accommodations at that hilton. so, my folks, me and the middle brother went. holy [expletive], did me and my brother get absolutely tanked that first game. they give you this cup when you walk into the suite and it's just, free refills, no questions asked. i seem to recall at some point the gal filling the drinks had some comment of like "back again?" or something...which did make me self conscious. i definitely puked back in the hotel room and had the absolute worst time waking up/functioning the next day. sat in the suite the next game in a giant funk. those suites are dangerous.

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

The one time I stayed at the Hilton at the Ballpark, I had suite seats as well. I remember going to BB"s Blues bar on Broadway after the game. Then I remember waking up the next morning in the same clothes on top of the covers/comforter on my bed. No idea how I got back to the room. This was probably 2008 or 2009.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24273
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 1:50 pm
The one time I stayed at the Hilton at the Ballpark, I had suite seats as well. I remember going to BB"s Blues bar on Broadway after the game. Then I remember waking up the next morning in the same clothes on top of the covers/comforter on my bed. No idea how I got back to the room. This was probably 2008 or 2009.
And you still had both kidneys?

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 1:55 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 1:50 pm
The one time I stayed at the Hilton at the Ballpark, I had suite seats as well. I remember going to BB"s Blues bar on Broadway after the game. Then I remember waking up the next morning in the same clothes on top of the covers/comforter on my bed. No idea how I got back to the room. This was probably 2008 or 2009.
And you still had both kidneys?
LOL!

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69897
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: What is the Better Hotel in St Louis

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 12:51 pm
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
April 13 22, 2:46 am
Last hotel I stayed at in St Louis was Hilton at the Ballpark and I've never been more drunk in my life. Walked from the hotel to BPV to Busch to BPV & woke up in the hotel. Don't think I walked there though. I might have flown up to my room because I think I left the window open.
Did you go up to the rooftop bar?
I feel like that was closed for some reason.

Post Reply