Good words

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Good words

Post by sighyoung »

concupiscence

schadenfreude

ululation

liquefaction

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62288
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Good words

Post by Radbird »

Obfuscation
Transconjunctivally
Demisemiseptcentennial

User avatar
SunnyJim
Veteran Player
Posts: 924
Joined: December 25 20, 4:03 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Re: Good words

Post by SunnyJim »

Fabulist

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Good words

Post by Smith Corks One »

f*ck

After more than five pages, I just felt it needed to be pointed out that this is, indeed, a powerful and diverse word.

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: Good words

Post by obucard »

Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 9:07 pm
f*ck

After more than five pages, I just felt it needed to be pointed out that this is, indeed, a powerful and diverse word.
Obligatory (and NSFW) post:
[SHOW]

User avatar
SunnyJim
Veteran Player
Posts: 924
Joined: December 25 20, 4:03 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Re: Good words

Post by SunnyJim »

Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 9:07 pm
f*ck

After more than five pages, I just felt it needed to be pointed out that this is, indeed, a powerful and diverse word.
[SHOW]
"What the f**k, huh?! I mean, what the f**king f**k?!"
-PJ O'Rourke

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Good words

Post by heyzeus »

Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 11:17 am
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 9:07 am
Fiasco.

Just used this word in the GDT, and I have decided it is good.
I disagreed with your point even before you made it.
Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 8 22, 5:28 am
Debacle. “Fiasco” is overused. Debacle is where it’s at.
Do you say "DEB-uh-cle" or "de-BAH-cle?" I think the answer makes all the difference in the goodness of this word.

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Good words

Post by TGantz »

Portable

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Good words

Post by Smith Corks One »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
May 16 22, 8:13 am
Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 11:17 am
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
May 14 22, 9:07 am
Fiasco.

Just used this word in the GDT, and I have decided it is good.
I disagreed with your point even before you made it.
Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
May 8 22, 5:28 am
Debacle. “Fiasco” is overused. Debacle is where it’s at.
Do you say "DEB-uh-cle" or "de-BAH-cle?" I think the answer makes all the difference in the goodness of this word.
The latter. It’s really kind of a harsh and ugly sounding word - which I think is perfectly fitting, given the meaning.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Good words

Post by GeddyWrox »

onomatopoeia

Post Reply