Good words

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Good words

Post by GeddyWrox »

I use superfluous often!!

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69895
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Good words

Post by CardsofSTL »

cursory

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Good words

Post by Smith Corks One »

GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
May 7 22, 9:58 pm
I use superfluous often!!
More often than necessary, I would imagine.

Debacle. “Fiasco” is overused. Debacle is where it’s at.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Good words

Post by GeddyWrox »

Perturbed and petard.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Good words

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Perspicacity

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Good words

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

"Elefantenrennen" is a good one too. It's a German word that translates to "elephant race" and describes when one semi goes to overtake another on the highway with negligible speed difference.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Good words

Post by GeddyWrox »

Beer. Beer is a good word.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5010
Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Good words

Post by Gashouse »

Kerfuffle

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Good words

Post by heyzeus »

fricassee is really fun to say. I don't think I've ever eaten it, but just for the record, I would.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Good words

Post by heyzeus »

Gashouse wrote: ↑
May 8 22, 9:23 pm
Kerfuffle
This is a great word. Sounds like those little fuzzy alien balls from that episode of Star Trek.

Post Reply