water in the basement

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
User avatar
Molly
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4767
Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III

Re: water in the basement

Post by Molly »

Popeye_Card wrote:
Molly wrote:Anyone have an extra 10 grand laying around so we can hire that Helitech company that advertises during the games :x
I do, and I'll happily give it to you. However, are you philosophicaly opposed to accepting money from a stranger who earned that money via man-whoring? Every time you look at your dry basement, are you going to think, "But Popeye_Card had to sleep with thousands of down-on-their-luck women in order for me to keep my knick-knacks dry"?
--P--
I am not opposed at all! Send it my way :cool:

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31042
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: water in the basement

Post by Popeye_Card »

Molly wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
Molly wrote:Anyone have an extra 10 grand laying around so we can hire that Helitech company that advertises during the games :x
I do, and I'll happily give it to you. However, are you philosophicaly opposed to accepting money from a stranger who earned that money via man-whoring? Every time you look at your dry basement, are you going to think, "But Popeye_Card had to sleep with thousands of down-on-their-luck women in order for me to keep my knick-knacks dry"?
--P--
I am not opposed at all! Send it my way :cool:
OK, I lied. I don't have the full 10k yet. But I plan on having a good night tonight and raising about $975, which should get me close. Send some more ugly women my way, and I could break $1k.

--P--

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: water in the basement

Post by omaha_red »

our basement is finished and the water only comes in in the bathroom down there..
i went out when it was pouring last night and found the problem.. the gutters were
draining right into a huge pool of water about 2 feet from my house.. it looked
like after a few years the water from the spouts had just warn that area down
into a big reservoir.. i went and go some angled spouts (and a stupid shopvac)
and hopefully that will help..

Post Reply