My 22nd wedding anniversary
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
My 22nd wedding anniversary
Is today, and I'm married to a freaking Cub fan. She did cook me a cheesecake, but still.
Oh, and she gave birth to my two sons.
But still.
(and I'm just kidding, my wife is wondeful and generally gives me space when her Cubbies are putting a beating on my Redbirds).
Oh, and she gave birth to my two sons.
But still.
(and I'm just kidding, my wife is wondeful and generally gives me space when her Cubbies are putting a beating on my Redbirds).
- Richie Allen
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 7458
- Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
Congratulation old man! I only lasted three years with my ex(Cub fan)wife.
- UK
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4263
- Joined: December 10 06, 6:41 pm
- Location: Baseball Purgatory.
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
We know which one has the brains in the family.jim wrote:Is today, and I'm married to a freaking Cub fan. She did cook me a cheesecake, but still.
Oh, and she gave birth to my two sons.
But still.
(and I'm just kidding, my wife is wondeful and generally gives me space when her Cubbies are putting a beating on my Redbirds).
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38614
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
Congratulations, jim. That's wonderful, and here's to many more good years together.
- Molly
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4767
- Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
- Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
23 years in October Jim. But at least I married a Cardinals fan
And I wouldn't exactly call these last 2 games beatings. I would say the Cubs got 2 lucky pitches.
And I wouldn't exactly call these last 2 games beatings. I would say the Cubs got 2 lucky pitches.
-
Swatcat27
- All-Star
- Posts: 1830
- Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
congrats jim...wish you many more.
-
M1IRONMIKE
- Well hello, pilgrim
- Posts: 4129
- Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
- Location: springfield illinois
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
You mean it was 22 years ago we drank your future father in law out of beer at the rehearsal dinner, then went to Rush street after getting off the train at the wrong stop, staggered back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning and then proceeded to embarass your lovely wifes family by being our drunken northender selves at your wedding reception the next day? Wow....seems like yesterday!!
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43286
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
Moved from "rants" to "antirants"
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary
I was at my niece's wedding recently, and learned something else. My relatives all did the same thing, they apparently were so drunk that they couldn't find the hotel a mile away until the sun started popping up. My great aunt who was 65 at the timey (God rest her soul) actually had to squat on the Algonguin Avenue because nothing was open and she was about to bust a kidney.M1IRONMIKE wrote:You mean it was 22 years ago we drank your future father in law out of beer at the rehearsal dinner, then went to Rush street after getting off the train at the wrong stop, staggered back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning and then proceeded to embarass your lovely wifes family by being our drunken northender selves at your wedding reception the next day? Wow....seems like yesterday!!
This was your basic Jed Clampett and gang meeting the big city slickers wedding. The Clampett gang didn't know how to control themselves with all the free beer and food.
I don't speak much with the inlaws these days. My father in law was being a dick at the rehearsal. Who buys cases of beer? Get the freaking keg jerkoff and save yourself some trips to the liquor store.
Yes, good times. At the wedding a couple of weeks ago, my wife brought up for the umteenth time how I was sweating beer at the alter.


