My 22nd wedding anniversary

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by jim »

Is today, and I'm married to a freaking Cub fan. She did cook me a cheesecake, but still.

Oh, and she gave birth to my two sons.

But still.

(and I'm just kidding, my wife is wondeful and generally gives me space when her Cubbies are putting a beating on my Redbirds).

User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by Richie Allen »

Congratulation old man! I only lasted three years with my ex(Cub fan)wife.

User avatar
UK
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4263
Joined: December 10 06, 6:41 pm
Location: Baseball Purgatory.

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by UK »

jim wrote:Is today, and I'm married to a freaking Cub fan. She did cook me a cheesecake, but still.

Oh, and she gave birth to my two sons.

But still.

(and I'm just kidding, my wife is wondeful and generally gives me space when her Cubbies are putting a beating on my Redbirds).
We know which one has the brains in the family. :)

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by sighyoung »

Congratulations, jim. That's wonderful, and here's to many more good years together.

User avatar
Molly
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4767
Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by Molly »

23 years in October Jim. But at least I married a Cardinals fan :wink:

And I wouldn't exactly call these last 2 games beatings. I would say the Cubs got 2 lucky pitches.

Swatcat27
All-Star
Posts: 1830
Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by Swatcat27 »

congrats jim...wish you many more.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

You mean it was 22 years ago we drank your future father in law out of beer at the rehearsal dinner, then went to Rush street after getting off the train at the wrong stop, staggered back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning and then proceeded to embarass your lovely wifes family by being our drunken northender selves at your wedding reception the next day? Wow....seems like yesterday!!

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by heyzeus »

Moved from "rants" to "antirants"

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: My 22nd wedding anniversary

Post by jim »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:You mean it was 22 years ago we drank your future father in law out of beer at the rehearsal dinner, then went to Rush street after getting off the train at the wrong stop, staggered back to the hotel at the wee hours of the morning and then proceeded to embarass your lovely wifes family by being our drunken northender selves at your wedding reception the next day? Wow....seems like yesterday!!
I was at my niece's wedding recently, and learned something else. My relatives all did the same thing, they apparently were so drunk that they couldn't find the hotel a mile away until the sun started popping up. My great aunt who was 65 at the timey (God rest her soul) actually had to squat on the Algonguin Avenue because nothing was open and she was about to bust a kidney.

This was your basic Jed Clampett and gang meeting the big city slickers wedding. The Clampett gang didn't know how to control themselves with all the free beer and food.

I don't speak much with the inlaws these days. My father in law was being a dick at the rehearsal. Who buys cases of beer? Get the freaking keg jerkoff and save yourself some trips to the liquor store.

Yes, good times. At the wedding a couple of weeks ago, my wife brought up for the umteenth time how I was sweating beer at the alter.

Post Reply