SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
KyCardinalFan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5520
Joined: May 31 06, 3:16 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by KyCardinalFan »

pop_haines wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:April 14-15th, 1912
That would be hard to watch.
A lot of these would be difficult to observe without being able to affect the outcome.

Donnie Ebert reminded me, besides the moon landing, I'd like to watch the week of Apollo 13's flight. I get tense watching the movie, I wonder how I'd feel knowing they're really up there and getting the info from Walter Cronkite.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Jocephus »

i would go back 10 years and gamble on every sporting event...and make millions

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Freed Roger »

This is tough -trying to peg one time in my family history, or the history of mankind, or go back to solve a mystery.

too hard to choose.

so I'd go back to 1400s to see America before it was America.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

KyCardinalFan wrote:
pop_haines wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:April 14-15th, 1912
That would be hard to watch.
A lot of these would be difficult to observe without being able to affect the outcome.
Agreed.....I don't know if i would want to watch tragedy unless it was simply to understand what went wrong and why.

I would like to see the west in the 1880's.....Just to see how far off hollywood is as to how it was.....

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Freed Roger wrote:This is tough -trying to peg one time in my family history, or the history of mankind, or go back to solve a mystery.

too hard to choose.

so I'd go back to 1400s to see America before it was America.

that would defininately be interesting......to see some of the states prior to all the population

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62289
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Radbird »

pop_haines wrote:This is another good one, rad.
Thanks for the book suggestions, pop, I'll check them out. It's just very difficult to comprehend the whole Nazi era, and it would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall as events developed.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3583
Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Diddy »

Radbird wrote:
pop_haines wrote:It's just very difficult to comprehend the whole Nazi era, and it would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall as events developed.
i wont say it, i wont say it, i wont say it

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by docellis »

I'd go back to Dutch guiana (Suriname now, I think) South America and watch the courtship of my grandpa and grandma.

User avatar
Maclowery
Child Pot Activist
Posts: 7742
Joined: June 15 06, 7:27 am
Location: NYC

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Maclowery »

Dinos would be really cool. As would the plains buffalo or any number of natural wonders pre-mankind uglying things up.

Also, being able to zoom around and see some of the world's lost civilizations at their peak. Obvious ones like the splendor our greatest cities of history; Rome, Babylon, Thebes, Teotihuacan, Machu Picchu, Cahokia (cuz hey, I'm from 8 miles away), Angkor Wat, etc etc.

I would like to be there for Jesus and any number of other spiritual and political leaders, but, well, I wouldn't understand a darned thing they were saying, so it'd be kind of a downer.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11717
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by mikechamp »

Sutter'sBeard wrote: ↑
February 23 09, 8:29 am
I think watchin fightin dinosaurs would be pretty damn cool.
Just make sure you don't go back to this place:
Scientists Might've Found the Most Dangerous Place in Earth's History

100 million years ago, Earth was a terrifying place. That's according to a new paper in ZooKeys, which analyzed fossils from an area in southeastern Morocco also known as the Kem Kem beds. It was here that prehistoric animals such as “cartilaginous and bony fishes, turtles, crocodyliforms, pterosaurs, and dinosaurs” used to freely roam and hunt.

These creatures might not sound like anything out of the ordinary, but the local fauna also tended to be quite massive and ferocious. A news release reveals that among some of the fossils analyzed were “three of the largest predatory dinosaurs ever known.” They included the sabre-toothed Carcharodontosaurus saharicus, Deltadromeus agilis (a quick-moving raptor), and “crocodile-like hunters.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-m ... 00303.html

Post Reply