SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
clement
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6008
Joined: April 20 06, 10:26 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by clement »

Just about everywhere.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Jocephus »

20 mins ago would be a trip!

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by AdmiralKird »

April 14-15th, 1912

User avatar
Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6653
Joined: June 15 06, 9:11 am
Location: Reading The Boat Rocker by Terence Mann

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Being born after the space race, I'd like to see what the world was like on July 20, 1969 when Armstrong departed the Eagle and uttered his famous words...to see the dust of his footfalls, to see the joy of the people in Mission Control, and then to simply see the way humanity reacted to such a mind-boggling achievement.

User avatar
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5114
Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by ThatGuy »

KyCardinalFan wrote:I'd want to solve some of history's mysteries. I'd want to be on the grassy knoll in Dallas, November 1963; tail Jimmy Hoffa for a few days before his disappearance; be in a plane behind Amelia Earhart; be at stonehenge when it was still a pile of rubble... stuff like that.
Along these lines, I'd like to see who Jack the Ripper really was, or if he was even one person.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Leroy »

ThatGuy wrote:
KyCardinalFan wrote:I'd want to solve some of history's mysteries. I'd want to be on the grassy knoll in Dallas, November 1963; tail Jimmy Hoffa for a few days before his disappearance; be in a plane behind Amelia Earhart; be at stonehenge when it was still a pile of rubble... stuff like that.
Along these lines, I'd like to see who Jack the Ripper really was, or if he was even one person.
This was covered in an episode of Star Trek.

User avatar
KyCardinalFan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5520
Joined: May 31 06, 3:16 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by KyCardinalFan »

pop_haines wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:April 14-15th, 1912
That would be hard to watch.
A lot of these would be difficult to observe without being able to affect the outcome.

Donnie Ebert reminded me, besides the moon landing, I'd like to watch the week of Apollo 13's flight. I get tense watching the movie, I wonder how I'd feel knowing they're really up there and getting the info from Walter Cronkite.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Jocephus »

i would go back 10 years and gamble on every sporting event...and make millions

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Freed Roger »

This is tough -trying to peg one time in my family history, or the history of mankind, or go back to solve a mystery.

too hard to choose.

so I'd go back to 1400s to see America before it was America.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

KyCardinalFan wrote:
pop_haines wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:April 14-15th, 1912
That would be hard to watch.
A lot of these would be difficult to observe without being able to affect the outcome.
Agreed.....I don't know if i would want to watch tragedy unless it was simply to understand what went wrong and why.

I would like to see the west in the 1880's.....Just to see how far off hollywood is as to how it was.....

Post Reply