maddash wrote:
Fair enough... but we might as well mark pansy ass beer off the list too. We're not in some college dorm playing the century club with the lite beer of the month, if we're doing a real drink off we're talking nothing but hard liquor taken in the form of shots.
Nice recovery attempt, but I'm not buying it, pansy wine boy.
That's fancy wine boy.... actually no, I'm not to picky when it comes to wine.
The last bender I was on involved a company's open house and free wine. Thankfully, Syrah can be pronounced Shiraz - that comes in handy when you start slurring your speech. It was a good night.
Cronos69 wrote:I don't really get hangovers anymore. The only thing that bothers me is a stomach-ache the next day if I've had hard liquor(95% of the time being vodka), not nausea, literally a stomach-ache. I never get headaches, and I'm rarely nauseated in the morning anymore.
Drink from 3 PM to 3 AM like I did this past Saturday and tell me you wouldn't get a hangover on Sunday.
I'm not even sure I could stay awake drinking that long, much less not be hungover the next day. What did you do, drink like a half a beer an hour?
More like 2 beers per hour, ramping it up to include shots around midnight.
Ah, that would be the difference. I definitely drink more than 2 beers per hour when I'm really going on a bender.
Well you have to pace yourself if you want to survive the long haul. I knew it would be a late night. I first started feeling a little bit drunk around 10 PM then kicked it into high gear around 11. At 3 I finished the night with a drunken 7 Eleven run, vomiting, and passing out.
A lot of poor choices were made that night.
The arcade game intermission was not one of those. That was genius.
docellis wrote:I think we should have a GRB drink off.
I agree.
If it involves wine, I've got everyone here beat. I've got a tiny Jesus in my stomach that turns wine back into water and allows me to drink large quantities of it with no ill effect.
I think I would beat you and I think it sounds like fun.
Ideally this wine-off would take place adjacent to the ocean.
I wasn't joking, folks. I'd be ready for a drink-off/GRB gathering any time. I'm thinking I outweigh most of the fine folks here so I'd probably have an advantage in that category, as well.
I puked in a cab last night. I don't remember my posts from 6 am this morning or Friday night. I'm very happy with a decision I made on Friday night, and not so much on Saturday.
This all culminated with complimentary drinks on the rooftops in the rain last night for hours and then a 4 am bar. It was like a huge party of people just chugging beer after beer trying to make up for the fact that the game was delayed/canceled.
All in all, it was an interesting 72 hours and I think I win the bender award. Which means I lose in general.