Money vs Time

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply

What is better?

More money
6
18%
More time
28
82%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Money vs Time

Post by heyzeus »

kriptopoulin wrote: ↑
March 27 22, 11:51 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
March 22 22, 9:13 am
Is kriptopoulin a life sherpa? I hope so.
you always know how much money you have,but you never know how much time you have.
What color are your pants right now?

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Money vs Time

Post by TGantz »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
March 28 22, 3:34 pm
kriptopoulin wrote: ↑
March 27 22, 11:51 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
March 22 22, 9:13 am
Is kriptopoulin a life sherpa? I hope so.
you always know how much money you have,but you never know how much time you have.
What color are your corduroys right now?
Fixed it.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5010
Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Money vs Time

Post by Gashouse »

Back to the original question in the thread - I'm really glad I chose time over money. The past 2 years have been so much better than they would have been in my old job. I'm happier, less crabby, healthier, and spending more time with my family without constantly thinking about work or checking work emails. The responses here played a role in reinforcing that I was making the right decision at the time.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69895
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Money vs Time

Post by CardsofSTL »

kriptopoulin wrote: ↑
March 27 22, 11:51 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
March 22 22, 9:13 am
Is kriptopoulin a life sherpa? I hope so.
you always know how much money you have,but you never know how much time you have.
You got that right.

What's your opinion on the designated hitter rule?

Online
User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62307
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Money vs Time

Post by Radbird »

Gashouse wrote: ↑
March 28 22, 8:20 pm
Back to the original question in the thread - I'm really glad I chose time over money. The past 2 years have been so much better than they would have been in my old job. I'm happier, less crabby, healthier, and spending more time with my family without constantly thinking about work or checking work emails. The responses here played a role in reinforcing that I was making the right decision at the time.
That’s good to hear. I probably would have deferred retirement if I knew the first 2+ years would be spent dealing with the pandemic, but the down time has calmed me down, allowed me to detox from corporate life, strengthened important relationships and put me in a good frame of mind. I’ll appreciate the adventures that await that much more….as long as they finally start sometime this year. :x

Online
User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62307
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Money vs Time

Post by Radbird »

Image
I hear that Croatia is a beautiful country. Are you from Zagreb?

Or maybe I should’ve put a space in…
Image
Haitian Creole Chicken sounds delicious.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69895
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Money vs Time

Post by CardsofSTL »

Poulin is similar to Pollo which is Spanish for chicken. I think we're on to something.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Money vs Time

Post by heyzeus »

Mmmm creole chicken

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
March 31 22, 3:33 pm
Poulin is similar to Pollo which is Spanish for chicken. I think we're on to something.
hahaha ok its mine name also :P

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38618
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Money vs Time

Post by sighyoung »

I keep waiting for kriptopoutine to sign on. Those posts would take this forum to the next level.

Post Reply