Money vs Time

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply

What is better?

More money
6
18%
More time
28
82%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Money vs Time

Post by TGantz »

IMADreamer wrote: ↑
February 5 22, 11:14 pm
Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
February 4 22, 12:41 pm
TGantz wrote: ↑
February 4 22, 12:18 pm
If we do a tourney, it should definitely be Pink Floyd next. I would be campaigning hard for Echoes and Hey You.
Echoes, Dogs, SoYcD

For me it's Eclipse. The song gives me goose bumps every time. I'm not sure what Water's original intent of the song was, but to me the whole song is the culmination of your life, and no matter how hard to prepare, how hard you try, something can come along and screw it all up. When my late gf died, the entire Dark Side of the Moon album really took on a different meaning to me. I think age has helped that along as well, but always when the line "everything under the sun is in tune, and the sun is eclipsed by the moon." I get chills and then think to myself "[expletive],,,,,"
I grew up listening to Pink Floyd because of my Dad. He had great taste in music. Many times I have broken down crying to Dark Side of the Moon since he passed.

Other than memories of my Dad, the line that always gets me on "Time" is, "Noone told you when to run, you missed the starting gun." There's another line about ten years have gone by. I'm about to hit ten years of being with my wife, and I didn't do the career path I thought I was going to. There's a lot I wanted to do in my twenties and didn't. I love how my life turned out because I love my kid more than anything, but reflecting on how quickly the last ten years have gone is intense.

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Money vs Time

Post by Smith Corks One »

Yeah, I agree. As far as full albums go, and Pink Floyd had multiple legendary ones, Dark Side is by far my favorite, and I can't ever see that changing. (Playing it on repeat the first time I ever tried acid could have something to do with that, I suppose.)

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

Time is the number of hours spent on doing some work. Money is the amount earned for doing the work.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69895
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Money vs Time

Post by CardsofSTL »

What do you call the number of hours not doing work?

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

money is power now a days

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Money vs Time

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

kriptopoulin wrote: ↑
March 17 22, 11:42 pm
money is power now a days
Please take the point you just made, tie it back to the original thread title, and answer the question.

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

We'll look at the key differences between time and money in this article. We can earn more money by spending time, but we can't buy time with money, so time is priceless, and it is for this reason that time is more important. However, life is meaningless without money because we can't buy anything significant to live a happy life.

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑
October 17 19, 3:40 am
With money, you can buy time.
With time, you can make money.
Absolutely you are right both are necessary

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: Money vs Time

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Is kriptopoulin a life sherpa? I hope so.

User avatar
kriptopoulin
Meatloaf Aficionado
Posts: 101
Joined: February 22 22, 4:07 am

Re: Money vs Time

Post by kriptopoulin »

Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
March 22 22, 9:13 am
Is kriptopoulin a life sherpa? I hope so.
you always know how much money you have,but you never know how much time you have.

Post Reply