Coronavirus
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
OK, I think we may have our first + person in my house now, too. My 16 year old is congested and has a headache. Different than her normal allergy type symptoms. Multiple friends have tested positive over the weekend. I can't find a test anywhere though. I'm going to assume she's + at this point.
Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?
@AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?
@AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Coronavirus
Vitamin DGeddyWrox wrote: ↑January 10 22, 12:44 pmOK, I think we may have our first + person in my house now, too. My 16 year old is congested and has a headache. Different than her normal allergy type symptoms. Multiple friends have tested positive over the weekend. I can't find a test anywhere though. I'm going to assume she's + at this point.
Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?
@AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Vitamin C
Zinc
Quercetin (helps bioavailability of zinc)
NAC
NAD+
And honestly, I would lay off the Tylenol for the fever unless the fever gets really high 102+) as a fever is the body combating the illness.
-
Arthur Dent
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12536
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
- Location: Austin
Re: Coronavirus
Good to hear from you, karp. Hope you're staying safe.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Coronavirus
Thanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.
Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12893
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Coronavirus
Karp you motor boatin son of a [expletive] good to see ya.cardinalkarp wrote: ↑January 10 22, 3:54 pmThanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.
Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Coronavirus
Lol….thank you sir. My hiatus is over. I just can’t quit you sons a [expletive].IMADreamer wrote: ↑January 10 22, 4:24 pmKarp you motor boatin son of a [expletive] good to see ya.cardinalkarp wrote: ↑January 10 22, 3:54 pmThanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.
Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
Rapid test at Dr's office was - . No strep either. We'll get PCR results in a few days.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
Good to see you back, Karp!
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am


