Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

OK, I think we may have our first + person in my house now, too. My 16 year old is congested and has a headache. Different than her normal allergy type symptoms. Multiple friends have tested positive over the weekend. I can't find a test anywhere though. I'm going to assume she's + at this point.

Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?

@AWvsCBsteeeerike3

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 12:44 pm
OK, I think we may have our first + person in my house now, too. My 16 year old is congested and has a headache. Different than her normal allergy type symptoms. Multiple friends have tested positive over the weekend. I can't find a test anywhere though. I'm going to assume she's + at this point.

Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?

@AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Zinc
Quercetin (helps bioavailability of zinc)
NAC
NAD+

And honestly, I would lay off the Tylenol for the fever unless the fever gets really high 102+) as a fever is the body combating the illness.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Arthur Dent »

Good to hear from you, karp. Hope you're staying safe.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 3:43 pm
Good to hear from you, karp. Hope you're staying safe.
Thanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.

Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12893
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Coronavirus

Post by IMADreamer »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 3:54 pm
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 3:43 pm
Good to hear from you, karp. Hope you're staying safe.
Thanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.

Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.
Karp you motor boatin son of a [expletive] good to see ya.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 4:24 pm
cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 3:54 pm
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 3:43 pm
Good to hear from you, karp. Hope you're staying safe.
Thanks AD. Yeah, staying safe.

Thought the household had a run in w/ COVID after a small Christmas w/ the immediate family, but after tests from numerous people (which all came back negative) it ended up being the actual flu (yes, it still exists!!). Which btw, is apparently pretty nasty this year.
Karp you motor boatin son of a [expletive] good to see ya.
Lol….thank you sir. My hiatus is over. I just can’t quit you sons a [expletive].

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

Rapid test at Dr's office was - . No strep either. We'll get PCR results in a few days.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

Good to see you back, Karp!

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 5:13 pm
Good to see you back, Karp!
:P

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Socnorb11 »

WB Karp.

Post Reply