What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
So long as the phone and keys are on separate sides, it really doesn't matter. I don't have the Costanza wallet, but it's pretty close, so I exclusively use the side pockets.
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
This is the correct configuration.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑August 16 21, 11:49 amFront left: keys (and these days, mask)
Front right: phone
Back right: wallet
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
I'm right handed but have weird things where I'm left hand dominant (hitting a ball with a bat, club or stick, brushing my teeth, and "self care").G. Keenan wrote: ↑August 16 21, 2:21 pmThis is the correct configuration.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑August 16 21, 11:49 amFront left: keys (and these days, mask)
Front right: phone
Back right: wallet
Anyway, that's probably why I deviate and do my weird back left pocket for my wallet move.
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62304
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
Front right: keys
Front left: my father-in-law’s rosary & mask
Back right: wallet
Back left: phone
Why the rosary? In remembrance of him and the spiritual bond we had. He suffered a brain aneurysm about a year before I met Mrs Rad and we could only communicate non-verbally. When we first saw him after the wedding, he immediately reached out to grab my left hand, looked at my ring, smiled and started crying. The only other time I saw smile was when we brought the kid to visit (his only grandkid).
The wallet & phone situations are fluid. I got one of these front pocket wallets for Xmas ‘19 in anticipation of our long-planned international travel schedule for 2020. Slim, RFID, pickpocket protection. But since I’ve turned into a hermit, when I do go out I’ll still using the back pocket. I love the size, shape & quality though.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/produc ... =247270056
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max, which is frigging huge. But I did it for the better camera - because we were thinking of taking our postponed Italy trip this fall. Which is no longer in play (thanks, delta variant). It doesn’t fit or feel comfortable in any pocket yet. I may have overthought this one.
Front left: my father-in-law’s rosary & mask
Back right: wallet
Back left: phone
Why the rosary? In remembrance of him and the spiritual bond we had. He suffered a brain aneurysm about a year before I met Mrs Rad and we could only communicate non-verbally. When we first saw him after the wedding, he immediately reached out to grab my left hand, looked at my ring, smiled and started crying. The only other time I saw smile was when we brought the kid to visit (his only grandkid).
The wallet & phone situations are fluid. I got one of these front pocket wallets for Xmas ‘19 in anticipation of our long-planned international travel schedule for 2020. Slim, RFID, pickpocket protection. But since I’ve turned into a hermit, when I do go out I’ll still using the back pocket. I love the size, shape & quality though.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/produc ... =247270056
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max, which is frigging huge. But I did it for the better camera - because we were thinking of taking our postponed Italy trip this fall. Which is no longer in play (thanks, delta variant). It doesn’t fit or feel comfortable in any pocket yet. I may have overthought this one.
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38618
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
I just use my front pockets: wallet and keys in left, phone in right.
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
A suit jacket/sport coat is pretty much a male purse if you think about it.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
Front right - keys
Front left - phone
Back right - wallet
Back left - mask
Depending on what I'm doing that day there's a specific setup for a tape measure, pencil, and knife or a wine key, bottle opener and towel.
Front left - phone
Back right - wallet
Back left - mask
Depending on what I'm doing that day there's a specific setup for a tape measure, pencil, and knife or a wine key, bottle opener and towel.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
Front right: yo-yo, keys, rock, half a pack of Pop Rocks, bouncy ball
Front left: jacks, marbles, toad, army men
back left: sling shot, switchblade hair comb
back right: cap gun
rolled up shirt sleeve: candy cigarettes
Front left: jacks, marbles, toad, army men
back left: sling shot, switchblade hair comb
back right: cap gun
rolled up shirt sleeve: candy cigarettes
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30835
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
I got one of those slim things that's supposed to magnetically stick on the back of your phone and holds only 3 cards. I hardly ever put it on the phone, though it's convenient at a restaurant to keep them together. Got tired of carrying a big dumb wallet in my back pocket, which I'd usually take out in the car and therefore often forget to take out. It's much better for me. If you can get by with 2 or 3 cards, I recommend it. I keep it in my front pocket which seems safer.
To reduce some of the load I had in my old wallet, I downloaded all the apps for my insurance carriers, so I don't need to carry those cards around. I also have the 1Password app, which has bank and other personal info in it.
The one thing I miss sometimes is my HSA card and I may swap that into the card holder instead of my vaccine card, which at one point I figured might be useful to have on hand. Hasn't been the case yet, though.
Keys and phone are just whatever works at the time.
To reduce some of the load I had in my old wallet, I downloaded all the apps for my insurance carriers, so I don't need to carry those cards around. I also have the 1Password app, which has bank and other personal info in it.
The one thing I miss sometimes is my HSA card and I may swap that into the card holder instead of my vaccine card, which at one point I figured might be useful to have on hand. Hasn't been the case yet, though.
Keys and phone are just whatever works at the time.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: What pockets do you put your wallet, keys and phone in?
Jocephus wrote: ↑August 16 21, 10:59 amwallet in back right pocket, phone in left front, keys in right front.
i always do a "3 point check" when i'm leaving any where...i'll make a point to tap each side of pants (that include these items) to make sure i have them there. i probably look like a freak patting myself down but i've never lost anything!
A good childhood friend of mine has this doormat:





