Jeopardy
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69911
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Jeopardy
Joe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.
I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.
I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.
- ndistops
- All-Star
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: November 20 06, 9:00 pm
- Location: West Michigan
Re: Jeopardy
He will not be in the running for permanent host. Jeopardy folks have been clear that they expect whoever gets the job to treat it as their full-time gig, and Joe obviously has other irons in the fire.CardsofSTL wrote: ↑April 17 21, 5:46 pmJoe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.
I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.
Not everyone who has guested so far is in the running; Katie Couric, I believe, has already said she wouldn't want the full-time job.
I thought Aaron Rodgers was terrific and he really wants the job. I could actually see that.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Jeopardy
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑April 17 21, 5:46 pmJoe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.
I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.
Well, there you go.
What's the timeline for getting a permanent host? I'll have to catch up on these guests. I haven't had a steady Jeopardy habit in a long time, though sometimes I'll fire it up on Netflix.
I think LaVar will be excellent. He has the perfect (and I don't mean any disrespect) subdued nature about him.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69911
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Jeopardy
I think they're doing guest hosts through this season and then naming a permanent host for next season.
I'm looking forward to LeVar's turn
I'm looking forward to LeVar's turn
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Jeopardy
wow, what a surprise, the executive producer of jeopardy who was part of the decision making gets to be the host!
shows got 5 years before its done
shows got 5 years before its done
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25226
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: Jeopardy
Kinda like when Cheney headed the VP search committee and chose...himself.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43292
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Jeopardy
Coincidentally, my brother did a second round tryout for Jeopardy. I hope he makes it, and has Blossom as his host.
- Famous Mortimer
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3960
- Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
- Location: Cherokee
Re: Jeopardy
My friend Rob was on "Jeopardy", and he got himself on one of those hipster-mocking websites with his rather bright coloured clothes.
Apparently Mayim Bialik will be the prime-time host? If I'd ever deliberately sat down to watch an episode, I'd probably be annoyed LeVar didn't get the gig.
Apparently Mayim Bialik will be the prime-time host? If I'd ever deliberately sat down to watch an episode, I'd probably be annoyed LeVar didn't get the gig.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Jeopardy
He's also changing the format. Jeopardy will now be a scripted action adventure where the host shoots bad guys to save beautiful women. The catch phrases include: "Daily Double" (when he bashes two bad guys' heads into each other). "Final Jeopardy" (for the final boss fights). and "What is 'I'm going to kick your ass?'" (said while chewing on a very short cigar). Bandolier and headband, obviously.




