Jeopardy

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Jocephus »


User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69911
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Jeopardy

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.

I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.

User avatar
ndistops
All-Star
Posts: 1289
Joined: November 20 06, 9:00 pm
Location: West Michigan

Re: Jeopardy

Post by ndistops »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
April 17 21, 5:46 pm
Joe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.

I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.
He will not be in the running for permanent host. Jeopardy folks have been clear that they expect whoever gets the job to treat it as their full-time gig, and Joe obviously has other irons in the fire.

Not everyone who has guested so far is in the running; Katie Couric, I believe, has already said she wouldn't want the full-time job.

I thought Aaron Rodgers was terrific and he really wants the job. I could actually see that.

User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: Jeopardy

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
April 17 21, 5:46 pm
Joe Buck for the permanent job? Can't see that. I don't care if he guests; anyone can guest. So far I think Mike Richards and Aaron Rodgers did the best job as guest hosts.

I want my dude LeVar Burton to get a shot.

Well, there you go.


What's the timeline for getting a permanent host? I'll have to catch up on these guests. I haven't had a steady Jeopardy habit in a long time, though sometimes I'll fire it up on Netflix.

I think LaVar will be excellent. He has the perfect (and I don't mean any disrespect) subdued nature about him.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 69911
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Jeopardy

Post by CardsofSTL »

I think they're doing guest hosts through this season and then naming a permanent host for next season.

I'm looking forward to LeVar's turn

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Jocephus »

wow, what a surprise, the executive producer of jeopardy who was part of the decision making gets to be the host!

shows got 5 years before its done

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Leroy »

Kinda like when Cheney headed the VP search committee and chose...himself.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43292
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Jeopardy

Post by heyzeus »

Coincidentally, my brother did a second round tryout for Jeopardy. I hope he makes it, and has Blossom as his host.

User avatar
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3960
Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
Location: Cherokee

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Famous Mortimer »

My friend Rob was on "Jeopardy", and he got himself on one of those hipster-mocking websites with his rather bright coloured clothes.

Apparently Mayim Bialik will be the prime-time host? If I'd ever deliberately sat down to watch an episode, I'd probably be annoyed LeVar didn't get the gig.

User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: Jeopardy

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote: ↑
August 12 21, 6:55 am
wow, what a surprise, the executive producer of jeopardy who was part of the decision making gets to be the host!

shows got 5 years before its done
He's also changing the format. Jeopardy will now be a scripted action adventure where the host shoots bad guys to save beautiful women. The catch phrases include: "Daily Double" (when he bashes two bad guys' heads into each other). "Final Jeopardy" (for the final boss fights). and "What is 'I'm going to kick your ass?'" (said while chewing on a very short cigar). Bandolier and headband, obviously.

Post Reply