Popeye_Card wrote:Who cares if this is covered with cheese and onions. It's all part of the Cincinnati chili experience.GatewaySnayke wrote:'Tis a shame. It's the only chili where I don't need cheese or onions and enjoy it plain or with crackers.I believe you are my polar opposite. I love Steak-N-Shake, but their chili is decidedly mediocre.
--P--
--P--
Chili
-
planet planet
- http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
- Posts: 24904
- Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Chili
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69860
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Chili
Today is a sacred day.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24269
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69860
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Chili
If you went to Skyline today instead of making your own chili, I'm ashamed of you.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Chili
It started off as a joke, a penance iirc handed out by Freed, and I put smoked ribs in a crockpot full of chili. But it turned out really well, so I'll typically make chili the week after smoking a pork butt and use the leftovers which is freaking awesome. The little bit of smoke flavor and the bark in there just mmmmmmmmm
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Chili
Good god this is brilliant.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑February 26 21, 12:47 amIt started off as a joke, a penance iirc handed out by Freed, and I put smoked ribs in a crockpot full of chili. But it turned out really well, so I'll typically make chili the week after smoking a pork butt and use the leftovers which is freaking awesome. The little bit of smoke flavor and the bark in there just mmmmmmmmm
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Chili
So, funny story...
My company has a chili cook-off for charity every year (pre-Covid anyway). I participated several years in a row. Never won, but got quite a few votes. Anyway, I had this old crockpot that I always used. I would make my chili the night before and keep in on low all night. Then carefully load it in the car and take it in the morning of the competition.
The year before covid, I'm unloading the chili from the back of my car, holding the crockpot by the crappy plastic handles when one of the handles snapped off. I don't know how it didn't all spill, but the way it landed, only about half dumped out. I still had enough for people to get a taste, but good grief what a mess. LOL...
The worst part of it?... My name is Kevin. ***eyes drift up slowly to quoted tweet***
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69860
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Chili
mmm asphalt chili.
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: Chili
That sounds good. I use leftover brisket in chili and it is amazing.GeddyWrox wrote: ↑February 26 21, 8:37 amGood god this is brilliant.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑February 26 21, 12:47 amIt started off as a joke, a penance iirc handed out by Freed, and I put smoked ribs in a crockpot full of chili. But it turned out really well, so I'll typically make chili the week after smoking a pork butt and use the leftovers which is freaking awesome. The little bit of smoke flavor and the bark in there just mmmmmmmmm


