Tips

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Tips

Post by TGantz »

What is the protocol on tipping the bartender? I have only purchased one drink at a bar since I turned 21. It was for a buddy that just turned 21. It was a $5 Rumple Minz shot, and I didn't give a tip. I wasn't being an ass, I just really didn't think about it until after I left. I'm not used to doing tips for things like that. I tip well at restaurants, I just didn't know it was usually for every single drink. We were there maybe an hour and a half, and I was driving so the only drinks I had were two $.50 Stag beers. I didn't even buy them, my buddy did. But do I really tip like $2 on one drink?

User avatar
2nd Timer
Veteran Player
Posts: 904
Joined: August 2 10, 3:40 pm

Re: Tips

Post by 2nd Timer »

Buck a drink.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Tips

Post by go birds »

TGantz wrote:What is the protocol on tipping the bartender? I have only purchased one drink at a bar since I turned 21. It was for a buddy that just turned 21. It was a $5 Rumple Minz shot, and I didn't give a tip. I wasn't being an ass, I just really didn't think about it until after I left. I'm not used to doing tips for things like that. I tip well at restaurants, I just didn't know it was usually for every single drink. We were there maybe an hour and a half, and I was driving so the only drinks I had were two $.50 Stag beers. I didn't even buy them, my buddy did. But do I really tip like $2 on one drink?
I usually give them a boneski every other trip to the bar.

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Tips

Post by cards2468 »

I usually leave 20% ($1 in your case)

If I'm waiting at the bar for an extended period of time and the dbag bartender is going to people who clearly showed up after me (attractive females), then they can go [expletive] themselves (0%).

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Tips

Post by cardsfansince82 »

If you dress well and order a Dr. Pepper, they tip you.

I tip a buck a drink if it's just one, something less than that if I am buying multiple drinks at a time.

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Tips

Post by Smith Corks One »

I don't really go out drinking anymore, but when I did, it was usually a buck a drink. Or sometimes if I was just sitting at the bar drinking for a while or running a tab I would just wait until the end and leave $10 or so.

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: Tips

Post by TGantz »

cardsfansince82 wrote:If you dress well and order a Dr. Pepper, they tip you.
Why did I ever post that?

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Tips

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

TGantz wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:If you dress well and order a Dr. Pepper, they tip you.
Why did I ever post that?
To gain immortality on the Interwebs. Call it a first world problem.

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: Tips

Post by longhornbaseball »

$2 for the first pint, $1 for subsequent pints. $2-3 for pitchers.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10952
Joined: May 18 06, 10:09 pm
Location: East of the middle of West Tennessee

Re: Tips

Post by Spider John »

TGantz wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:If you dress well and order a Dr. Pepper, they tip you.
Why did I ever post that?
When I read Cards82 post I thought to myself that you will never live that one down.

Post Reply