Grills and BBQ's

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Grills and BBQ's

Post by robbotis »

Anybody have an Infrared Grill?
I've got a nice charcoal grill, but am considering getting an infrared one too, merely for the speed and quality. They're supposed to cook food so fast and delicously. Anybody have any experience?

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

If you're going for convenience, go propane.

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by cards2468 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:If you're going for convenience, go propane.
Image

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by Freed Roger »

robbotis wrote:Anybody have an Infrared Grill?
am considering getting an infrared one too, merely for the speed and quality. They're supposed to cook food so fast and delicously. Anybody have any experience?
Speed? how are you going to drink a couple beers and fool all the inside people that you have all this important manning of the fire stuff going on. The inside folk think you are so busy, that most times they open the door and offer to bring you the seasoning, beer, and what not. Then when the night is done, all the chef compliments go to the barbqer, even from those back in the kitchen who did way more work prepping the other food.

How can you give that gig up?

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by GeddyWrox »

I never even knew such a thing existed. I just do propane. Good stuff. :-D

jeffbgoofy
All-Star
Posts: 2208
Joined: March 17 08, 1:02 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by jeffbgoofy »

Propane is so last year. I have a direct gas line grill, no tank to worry about. Infared is more for searing and stuff, nice indoor grill. Still have my smoker though

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Freed Roger wrote:
robbotis wrote:Anybody have an Infrared Grill?
am considering getting an infrared one too, merely for the speed and quality. They're supposed to cook food so fast and delicously. Anybody have any experience?
Speed? how are you going to drink a couple beers and fool all the inside people that you have all this important manning of the fire stuff going on. The inside folk think you are so busy, that most times they open the door and offer to bring you the seasoning, beer, and what not. Then when the night is done, all the chef compliments go to the barbqer, even from those back in the kitchen who did way more work prepping the other food.

How can you give that gig up?
This.

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by robbotis »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
robbotis wrote:Anybody have an Infrared Grill?
am considering getting an infrared one too, merely for the speed and quality. They're supposed to cook food so fast and delicously. Anybody have any experience?
Speed? how are you going to drink a couple beers and fool all the inside people that you have all this important manning of the fire stuff going on. The inside folk think you are so busy, that most times they open the door and offer to bring you the seasoning, beer, and what not. Then when the night is done, all the chef compliments go to the barbqer, even from those back in the kitchen who did way more work prepping the other food.

How can you give that gig up?
This.
Dudes, I live in MN. This will be used for the 6 months when it's -30 below outside and I want a steak. I still have a charcola grill for the summer cooking!

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by lukethedrifter »

I'm curious about this infrared grill.

/charcoal guy

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Grills and BBQ's

Post by robbotis »

lukethedrifter wrote:I'm curious about this infrared grill.

/charcoal guy
Me too, that's why I'm asking. I've done online research, and by all accounts is the bomb, and the best way to cook. It's quick, sears at a super high temp, seals in moisture and flavor.

I'm getting one this week, so I'll let you know.

Yes, I'll still BBQ ribs and pork steaks, low and slow w/ charcoal. But for winter cooking, or just to cook 2 steaks, I'll take delicuous searing for 3 minutes a side and be done! It uses a 3rd the fuel of standard propane grills, and cooks better, by all accounts.

Post Reply