BOOK PRICES
- Bo Hart
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8770
- Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm
BOOK PRICES
EVEN BUYING ONLINE AND FINDING GREAT DISCOUNTS I JUST SPENT $160 ON THREE BOOKS.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: BOOK PRICES
I hear you kyle. I know my son is picking his books up this week, and that's always a kick in the shorts.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: BOOK PRICES
I've waited so long that I'm just going to bite the bullet and use the campus book store.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18728
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: BOOK PRICES
Who needs books.
-
Simbagal23
- All-Star
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: March 7 07, 7:55 am
Re: BOOK PRICES
Yep. I had classes in which the "required" book cost a brazillian dollars, even a used version. Then I would walk into class on the first night, the prof would say "Don't even bother looking at the book. I rarely reference it. We had to chose a book for you to buy and I just picked one.". That really ticked me off. I wasn't mad at the prof, more at the school for forcing us to buy books when the prof really didn't want to use one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.cardinalkarp wrote:Who needs books.
- Bo Hart
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8770
- Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm
Re: BOOK PRICES
That's why it's such a bad system.Simbagal23 wrote:Yep. I had classes in which the "required" book cost a brazillian dollars, even a used version. Then I would walk into class on the first night, the prof would say "Don't even bother looking at the book. I rarely reference it. We had to chose a book for you to buy and I just picked one.". That really ticked me off. I wasn't mad at the prof, more at the school for forcing us to buy books when the prof really didn't want to use one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.cardinalkarp wrote:Who needs books.
For the exact reason you mentioned I wait to buy my books until I attend the first class... but then you end up being a week or two behind and dig yourself a hole before you even begin!
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: BOOK PRICES
I got a B in Psychology and Sociology without a book. These are among my proudest academic accomplishments, right up there with getting an A on a Science project in 7th grade that was worth 50% of our overall grade; a project which I didn't actually do, as well as getting an A in a Modern Western Civ class I attended exactly 3 times.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: BOOK PRICES
WOW!
What books? I use Alibris.com and usually get great prices. Shipping can be high on certain items, but I try to bunch orders together (sometimes they will give free shipping/reduced shipping for orders over $100 or some discount/sale like that). I'm usually in the $100-$120 for 8-10 books area with Alibris.
What books? I use Alibris.com and usually get great prices. Shipping can be high on certain items, but I try to bunch orders together (sometimes they will give free shipping/reduced shipping for orders over $100 or some discount/sale like that). I'm usually in the $100-$120 for 8-10 books area with Alibris.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31039
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: BOOK PRICES
I usually shared books with people in the same class, only with a different schedule (i.e. I had it at 9am, they had it at 11am). Or sometimes in the same class, and just sat next to each other. Only thing that was tough about that is that most exams were open book/note, so you'd have to acquire an extra book for the exam days.
--P--
--P--
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: BOOK PRICES
Another scam I've used successfully is telling the Prof a few days into class that your bag was stolen and the book along with it. They usually have extra copies for personal use and I've had two profs offer to loan me a copy.


