Vote for Blues goal song

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Vote for Blues goal song

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

LINK

I beg of you to vote for the current song and not the alternative one. It's quite wretched.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11716
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Vote for Blues goal song

Post by mikechamp »

The alternative song is called "Crowd Chant" by Joe Satriani. It's off his "Super Colossal" album. I got a chance to hear him perform this live and it worked pretty well in concert, and even if you didn't know the song ahead of time, it's easy to catch on.

I like the song, but not as a song to be played after scoring a goal. It would be much better used in a TV commercial.

As for the original (and greatest song), how can I save that mp3 to my 'puter? I got it open in a new browser. Any technical help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Vote for Blues goal song

Post by thrill »

Done.

Online
User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31035
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Vote for Blues goal song

Post by Popeye_Card »

I submitted a write-in vote for "Open Arms" by Journey.

--P--

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Vote for Blues goal song

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

mikechamp wrote:The alternative song is called "Crowd Chant" by Joe Satriani. It's off his "Super Colossal" album. I got a chance to hear him perform this live and it worked pretty well in concert, and even if you didn't know the song ahead of time, it's easy to catch on.

I like the song, but not as a song to be played after scoring a goal. It would be much better used in a TV commercial.

As for the original (and greatest song), how can I save that mp3 to my 'puter? I got it open in a new browser. Any technical help would be greatly appreciated.
http://downloads.blues.nhl.com/sound/goal.mp3

Click it and choose save to disk.

Also, the alternative song is already used as the goal song by the Minnesota Wild.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11716
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Vote for Blues goal song

Post by mikechamp »

Thank you. I knew I was getting close.

Post Reply