For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
- docellis
- America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
- Posts: 24741
- Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm
For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
I don't know if it really is the 10th time, but I'm sure there have been over 10 days of power loss in the last year and a half-two years.
It is my rant and I'll cry if I want to - I've never encountered anything like this since I joined the portion of the population that pays for electric around 12 years ago.
On a side note, I got a bill from charter yesterday that said they owed me .34.
It is my rant and I'll cry if I want to - I've never encountered anything like this since I joined the portion of the population that pays for electric around 12 years ago.
On a side note, I got a bill from charter yesterday that said they owed me .34.
- TabascoElvis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5728
- Joined: June 15 06, 8:29 am
- Location: Library of Congress? Detroit? Beyond the sun?
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
Invest wisely.docellis wrote:On a side note, I got a bill from charter yesterday that said they owed me .34.
We used to lose power everytime it rained or if the wind got up more than 8-10 mph. But they've done something to improve it and we haven't lost power in several years now. But that does nothing to alleviate your rant, doc.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
At my old home, we also used to lose power at least several times a summer, and also for at least one long period(week or more). Throw in the icestorm last winter and things have been really bad as far as losing power there.
I can definitely commiserate with this rant; it got so bad and happened so often that we bought a portable generator to keep the fridge and the heat or A/C on while the rest of the power was out.
I can definitely commiserate with this rant; it got so bad and happened so often that we bought a portable generator to keep the fridge and the heat or A/C on while the rest of the power was out.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
I'm glad I no longer have Charter OR Ameren.
-
Simbagal23
- All-Star
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: March 7 07, 7:55 am
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
Does your area still have overhead power lines??? I ask only because my folks still live in the STL area (IL side) and have the overhead lines; they lose power quite often. Where I lived in MN and now (GA), it's all underground lines. I have NEVER been without power....even in MN with the nasty winter weather/storms. I also like the fact that you can't see the ugly powerlines......we do have to "call before we dig", but the power company is quick to respond.
- docellis
- America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
- Posts: 24741
- Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
Yep. The website says that it was a tree issue.Simbagal23 wrote:Does your area still have overhead power lines??? I ask only because my folks still live in the STL area (IL side) and have the overhead lines; they lose power quite often. Where I lived in MN and now (GA), it's all underground lines. I have NEVER been without power....even in MN with the nasty winter weather/storms. I also like the fact that you can't see the ugly powerlines......we do have to "call before we dig", but the power company is quick to respond.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31037
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
I've lost power for 0 days in the last 2 years.
Move to the city.
--P--
Move to the city.
--P--
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
Popeye_Card wrote:I've lost power for 0 days in the last 2 years.
Move to the city.
--P--
You were lucky because last year, the city was the hardest hit by that huge storm and people were w/o power for over a week.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31037
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
I believe North County (Ferguson, Jennings, Florissant, Black Jack, etc.) was harder hit than the city--at least had the power out longer.cardinalkarp wrote:Popeye_Card wrote:I've lost power for 0 days in the last 2 years.
Move to the city.
--P--
You were lucky because last year, the city was the hardest hit by that huge storm and people were w/o power for over a week.
I should have specified anyway. Move to SOUTH city.
--P--
- Molly
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4767
- Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
- Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III
Re: For the 10th time in less than 2 years? Power is out.
popeye, hubby and I live in so. city. We were fine last year however the other side of our street was w/o power for almost a week as was my mom who lives behind the Save-A-Lot at Morganford & Loughborourgh.Popeye_Card wrote:I believe North County (Ferguson, Jennings, Florissant, Black Jack, etc.) was harder hit than the city--at least had the power out longer.cardinalkarp wrote:Popeye_Card wrote:I've lost power for 0 days in the last 2 years.
Move to the city.
--P--
You were lucky because last year, the city was the hardest hit by that huge storm and people were w/o power for over a week.
I should have specified anyway. Move to SOUTH city.
--P--
edit: my mom is not homeless. her house sits behind the save-a-lot




