Stupid stupid stupid stupid

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by JL21 »

From Bernie's "update" on the Juan E./TLR situation:
La Russa knows that Encarnacion can be a positive factor, especially with his bat, so he doesn’t want to bury him. But the manager also had to draw the line — especially after taking a blast of heat from media (including me) and fans for defending the Encarnacion’s prior moments of non-hustle.
Translation: The fans, and especially the media AND SUPER especially ME.... We fill out the lineup card.

Get real. Managers who let "a blast of heat from media and fans" affect the way they manage don't manage for long.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by jim »

RC21 wrote:From Bernie's "update" on the Juan E./TLR situation:
La Russa knows that Encarnacion can be a positive factor, especially with his bat, so he doesn’t want to bury him. But the manager also had to draw the line — especially after taking a blast of heat from media (including me) and fans for defending the Encarnacion’s prior moments of non-hustle.
Translation: The fans, and especially the media AND SUPER especially ME.... We fill out the lineup card.

Get real. Managers who let "a blast of heat from media and fans" affect the way they manage don't manage for long.
I've seen this happen. Reporters get a feeling of power, like they think that they actually make a difference. I believe he believes that, and I also believe he is delusional.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by JL21 »

Maybe if it was some weak-sister first year manager in his first week on the job. MAYBE then I could believe that there was any merit to it.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by thrill »

pop_haines wrote:Don't believe the hype, Bernie.
Image

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by Jocephus »

jim wrote:
RC21 wrote:From Bernie's "update" on the Juan E./TLR situation:
La Russa knows that Encarnacion can be a positive factor, especially with his bat, so he doesn’t want to bury him. But the manager also had to draw the line — especially after taking a blast of heat from media (including me) and fans for defending the Encarnacion’s prior moments of non-hustle.
Translation: The fans, and especially the media AND SUPER especially ME.... We fill out the lineup card.

Get real. Managers who let "a blast of heat from media and fans" affect the way they manage don't manage for long.
I've seen this happen. Reporters get a feeling of power, like they think that they actually make a difference. I believe he believes that, and I also believe he is delusional.
i think jims right on with it

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I do like that Bernie refers to Juan as "the Encarnacion."

Take that Edwin!

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by Cronos »

Bernie's ticking me off more and more this season. I never used to mind him before, and I read his work occasionally, but he's losing credibility by the day.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18728
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by cardinalkarp »

Cronos69 wrote:Bernie's ticking me off more and more this season. I never used to mind him before, and I read his work occasionally, but he's losing credibility by the day.

Its that damn forum of his, its inflating his head (and gut)

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by thrill »

cardinalkarp wrote:
Cronos69 wrote:Bernie's ticking me off more and more this season. I never used to mind him before, and I read his work occasionally, but he's losing credibility by the day.

Its that damn forum of his, its inflating his head (and gut)
Honestly I agree with this. Giving him a forum was a mistake. He uses it to post things he couldn't get away with printing. There is zero accountability or responsibility.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Stupid stupid stupid stupid

Post by Cronos »

cardinalkarp wrote: Its that damn forum of his, its inflating his head
I think you're right; he's beginning to dictate the writing of his articles more towards his forum readers. Think about it, his last article where he threw in the "Evil Media" thing at the end of every sentence? People that just read the newspaper wouldn't really get that and just think it was stupid. He's starting to let the crazies get to him and it's getting more and more obvious that despite what he says, it IS personal between he and LaRussa.

Post Reply