College World Series

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43278
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

College World Series

Post by heyzeus »

Does anyone here follow/care?

My alma mater, Rice University, just pulled off a huge comeback to beat Louisville 15-10 in the first game. Quite the pitchers' duel.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm taking classes over the summer, so I really haven't had the chance to make it to any of the games. I was hoping to go to the practices yesterday to talk to Tyler Henley and Mike Stutes (two Cards draft picks), but I figured by the time I got out of class, the parking situation would be a mess and not worth my gas.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Re: College World Series

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Hopefully Louisville loses all their games in humiliating fashion.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: College World Series

Post by thrill »

Image







recognize

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Re: College World Series

Post by Dillagii »

thrill wrote:Image







recognize
I was about to say Louisville, but then I saw the Image tag :oops:

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43278
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: College World Series

Post by heyzeus »

Rice is up 2-0 after pulling off a huge comeback to beat Louisville 15-10 and spanking UNC 14-4. It's on! Peck 'em Owls!

Image

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: College World Series

Post by Arthur Dent »

I've watched a few games. Rooting for Oregon State to repeat since I grew up in the neighboring town and had a lot of friends go there. Actually my brother went to Rice, so I could go either way.

Post Reply