Thanks Chuck Liddell

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Thanks Chuck Liddell

Post by JohnnyJay »

For making a big ticket fight worthless. Thanks for stepping into a weak right hand punch and crumpling to the ground like a piece of paper.


Sorry, for all the hype for this fight, to last just over a minute, was worthless.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

1:53 into the fight and Liddell gets KOd?

WTF?

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by JohnnyJay »

cabby7588 wrote:1:53 into the fight and Liddell gets KOd?

WTF?
He wasn't even KOd. He effed up and wasn't defending himself so the ref called the fight. :evil:

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

That's so lame. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

That's bad for the sport, too. It was getting really popular and this was their huge fight. NOT an entertaining fight for the fans.

User avatar
Balltilyafall4
Veteran Player
Posts: 1117
Joined: April 19 06, 11:45 am

Post by Balltilyafall4 »

We went to a sports bar here in town and watched it (place was packed)

This was the first UFC fight I've ever watched, and I have to say, I just don't see the appeal of it..

I know it was a disappointing fight (from what the guys that I was with said) but I think if it was 2-3 rounds I still don't know if I woulda got really into it

All I know is Liddell was a big fan favorite at the bar we were at and all sorts of people were pissed when he basically pussed out

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by JohnnyJay »

All I have to say is, that Liddell fell back on a weak right hand (that he should have defended) and the ref called it on two punches and an elbow? Granted, Chuck didn't defend on after the elbow (his arms went to the mat), but geezus, this is the main event.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by G. Keenan »

Probably rigged.

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by JohnnyJay »

G. Keenan wrote:Probably rigged.
Not likely.

User avatar
lazypenguin
Everyday Player
Posts: 405
Joined: February 28 07, 2:39 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by lazypenguin »

Liddell was just caught off guard. He left his face wide open and then was defenseless on the ground once he fell so the ref HAD to call it, it's the rule. If he could have protected his face on the ground faster than he probably would have stayed in the fight. Oh well, he's given the fans a ton of good fights. We knew both of these guys were going to go for the KO so a long fight wasn't expect. Title matches are 5 rounds of 5 minutes but never come even close to that long. Normal ones are 3 rounds of 5 minutes, so the fights aren't really expected to be long. I'm glad I didn't buy it, but that's just cause PPV is a ripoff. You still get the earlier fights and KO was expected in this fight, Liddell rarely goes down to the ground to grapple.

Post Reply