Page 1 of 3

Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 27 06, 10:20 am
by sighyoung
My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary yesterday, and are still going strong.

I'm very happy for them. :D

Posted: December 27 06, 11:01 am
by Radbird
Congratulations to your folks, sigh! Quite a milestone.

We're only 29 years behind them!

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 27 06, 11:32 am
by StL Dan
sighyoung wrote:My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary yesterday, and are still going strong.

I'm very happy for them. :D
Congratulations to them!

I'd be a worthless sack of poop if I didn't take the time to recognize my parents for celebrating their 48th anniversary on the same day!

Dec 26th, 1958.

Posted: December 27 06, 11:57 am
by JohnnyJay
Congrats to your folks! =D>


My wife and I only have 53 and a half more years to reach that point! :cool:

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 26 08, 7:59 pm
by sighyoung
Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 26 08, 8:23 pm
by planet planet
sighyoung wrote:Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.
Congrats to you and your parents! You and Mrs. Sigh must have been married awhile prior to having kids, eh?

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 26 08, 10:15 pm
by sighyoung
planet pujolsian wrote:
sighyoung wrote:Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.
Congrats to you and your parents! You and Mrs. Sigh must have been married awhile prior to having kids, eh?
4 1/2 years before the first child. We were trying to finish our dissertations, teach, and publish to get tenure. We got so fed up with the jobs that we said [expletive] this, and had our first child before we got tenure.

It was a crap shoot, but I think we made the best choice.

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 27 08, 1:17 am
by Maclowery
All these folks gettin hitched in December! My folks were on the 6th; it was their 37th. While we're talking about our elders, it was my dearly-remembered grandfather's 90th on the 23rd, and we raised a toast to him for X-mas.

Congratulations to your parents; I hope that, a long ways down the road, I can trick some gullible woman into sticking with me for as long!

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 27 08, 1:30 am
by ThatGuy
My parents will hit the 25-year mark on the 30th. Considering I'm the youngest of three kids at 20 years old, they got the whole baby thing over with pretty quickly.

Congrats to your parents, sigh - that's a lot of time! :)

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Posted: December 27 08, 2:10 am
by docellis
My parents have been together since they were 17. They separated when I was 14 or 15. But have been back together since I was 18.

They are really in love and it makes me sort of optimistic.