Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38618
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by sighyoung »

My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary yesterday, and are still going strong.

I'm very happy for them. :D

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62330
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

Congratulations to your folks, sigh! Quite a milestone.

We're only 29 years behind them!

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by StL Dan »

sighyoung wrote:My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary yesterday, and are still going strong.

I'm very happy for them. :D
Congratulations to them!

I'd be a worthless sack of poop if I didn't take the time to recognize my parents for celebrating their 48th anniversary on the same day!

Dec 26th, 1958.

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by JohnnyJay »

Congrats to your folks! =D>


My wife and I only have 53 and a half more years to reach that point! :cool:

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38618
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by sighyoung »

Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by planet planet »

sighyoung wrote:Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.
Congrats to you and your parents! You and Mrs. Sigh must have been married awhile prior to having kids, eh?

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38618
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by sighyoung »

planet pujolsian wrote:
sighyoung wrote:Well, they reached 56 years today, and they're still going strong.

Mrs. Sigh and I reached 16 years today, too.
Congrats to you and your parents! You and Mrs. Sigh must have been married awhile prior to having kids, eh?
4 1/2 years before the first child. We were trying to finish our dissertations, teach, and publish to get tenure. We got so fed up with the jobs that we said [expletive] this, and had our first child before we got tenure.

It was a crap shoot, but I think we made the best choice.

User avatar
Maclowery
Child Pot Activist
Posts: 7742
Joined: June 15 06, 7:27 am
Location: NYC

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by Maclowery »

All these folks gettin hitched in December! My folks were on the 6th; it was their 37th. While we're talking about our elders, it was my dearly-remembered grandfather's 90th on the 23rd, and we raised a toast to him for X-mas.

Congratulations to your parents; I hope that, a long ways down the road, I can trick some gullible woman into sticking with me for as long!

User avatar
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5114
Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by ThatGuy »

My parents will hit the 25-year mark on the 30th. Considering I'm the youngest of three kids at 20 years old, they got the whole baby thing over with pretty quickly.

Congrats to your parents, sigh - that's a lot of time! :)

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Happy Anniversary To My Parents

Post by docellis »

My parents have been together since they were 17. They separated when I was 14 or 15. But have been back together since I was 18.

They are really in love and it makes me sort of optimistic.

Post Reply