SLAP

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole
Posts: 14398
Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am

Re: SLAP

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

So if it’s fake, then he’s fine mentally. Is that what you’re going with?

Superorganism
Veteran Player
Posts: 1021
Joined: October 21 20, 8:13 am

Re: SLAP

Post by Superorganism »

He staged the event to reclaim his masculinity after being cucked in front of the entire world by his swinger wife.

Seems to be the consensus in the social media zeitgeist. The entire family is nuts.

User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: SLAP

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

You try getting high on the adrenochrome of a mole people baby and staying cool when a man insults your wife.

I heard they were able to get the executive producer from the moon landing.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: SLAP

Post by Socnorb11 »

Fake?

Why on earth would Chris Rock play along with that?

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: SLAP

Post by haltz »

Socnorb11 wrote: ↑
March 30 22, 7:03 pm
Fake?

Why on earth would Chris Rock play along with that?
It feels more authentic if Chris Rock doesn't know it's a gag.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30836
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: SLAP

Post by ghostrunner »

The Academy is way way too conservative to plan that. Smith is practically Tom Hanks. Just nominated for the biggest award in his field. He gains nothing by it. Nobody cares that much about his marriage except gossip sites. No way he risks all that for a dumb WWE stunt. A hundred things could go wrong. Someone else could jump onstage. Get in front of him on the way up. Just a completely ridiculous idea.

User avatar
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 9248
Joined: September 8 09, 10:56 pm
Location: South County, St. Louis

Re: SLAP

Post by JoeMcKim »

And the fact that after he sat back down was literally cussing into the camera. You could argue maybe the slap was fake but not his tirade after sitting back down. "Get my wifes [expletive] name out of your [expletive] mouth"(paraphrasing)

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43290
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: SLAP

Post by heyzeus »

I heard Will Smith practices his slaps in the basement of a D.C. pizzeria where he also (spins the QAnon wheel) uses Rothschild space lasers to (spins wheel again) teach your children CRT.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11721
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: SLAP

Post by mikechamp »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
March 31 22, 7:10 am
I heard Will Smith practices his slaps in the basement of a D.C. pizzeria where he also (spins the QAnon wheel) uses Rothschild space lasers to (spins wheel again) teach your children CRT.
(gasps!) My word!!! Where are my pearls, that I may clutch them?

Also, someone please fan me with an old-timey paper fan, as I have nearly fainted.

User avatar
TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
Posts: 6698
Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
Location: The Lou

Re: SLAP

Post by TGantz »

Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑
March 30 22, 11:40 am
TGantz wrote: ↑
March 30 22, 11:26 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑
March 30 22, 9:50 am
It 100% is fake
Yup, as fake as the original altercation.
If it's fake that means Will Smith isn't actually "unwell" and doing fine. Are you saying that is the case?

Can't have both.

Self destructing your career for a weird staged event like this doesn't seem likely to me.
First of all, I couldn't care less about a millionaire actor's well being. I don't care if he's unwell or doing fine. I think you pretty much have to be a little unwell to make it in Hollywood.

Whatever projection about other people's cuck comments (I never said anything about it) that you keep harping on, I don't care. They probably don't even have the weirdest marriage out of just the people at their table. That's their business.

Any publicity is good publicity. Nobody was talking about the Oscars. I couldn't name one movie from last year.

I can't unsee his stupid walk up there, and the [expletive] eating grin as he turned around. It makes it feel fake or like he tried to make a joke. That's how I feel and there's nothing you can say to change that.

I wonder what stupid military budget bill Congress passed through the next day to take advantage of the drama. I haven't looked, just guessing.

Post Reply