Ask GRB
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Ask GRB
F***! For that you could almost buy a different truck!
This reminds me of my favorite joke:
What starts with F and ends in uck?
But seriously, perhaps they meant 1,200 and just mistakenly said 12-thousand instead of 12-hundred?
This reminds me of my favorite joke:
What starts with F and ends in uck?
But seriously, perhaps they meant 1,200 and just mistakenly said 12-thousand instead of 12-hundred?
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Ask GRB
@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Ask GRB
Possibly child tax credits???AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:20 am@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebel ... 82ae5f204d
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Ask GRB
Must be. I have no idea. Thanks for the info.GeddyWrox wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:41 amPossibly child tax credits???AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:20 am@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebel ... 82ae5f204d
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43286
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Ask GRB
It's the child tax credit. Ordinarily you'd get it when you file your taxes next April. But as a Covid stimulus, you're getting it $400 at a time now. There was an option to ask the treasury not to give it to you, but everyone with kids was basically opted in. Think of it like an advance on your income tax refund next year.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:20 am@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Ask GRB
Thanks. Guess I'll go spend it on my kids daycare then. Psych. I'm going to get an expensive bottle of bourbon.heyzeus wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:50 amIt's the child tax credit. Ordinarily you'd get it when you file your taxes next April. But as a Covid stimulus, you're getting it $400 at a time now. There was an option to ask the treasury not to give it to you, but everyone with kids was basically opted in. Think of it like an advance on your income tax refund next year.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:20 am@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69874
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Ask GRB
If you log in to the IRS.gov website you can probably see an accounting of what the payments are and when they will come in.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 12:15 pmThanks. Guess I'll go spend it on my kids daycare then. Psych. I'm going to get an expensive bottle of bourbon.heyzeus wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:50 amIt's the child tax credit. Ordinarily you'd get it when you file your taxes next April. But as a Covid stimulus, you're getting it $400 at a time now. There was an option to ask the treasury not to give it to you, but everyone with kids was basically opted in. Think of it like an advance on your income tax refund next year.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑October 19 21, 9:20 am@Leroy @leroy's wife
For the past several months, I've gotten a check in the exact amount of $400 from the US Treasury. I think they come monthly, but haven't tracked them all that closely.
The checks come without explanaiton or anything other than a check. Any clue as to why they're sending me money? Are other people getting this? The checks clear, but, uh, it feels weird just cashing checks that I'm not sure why I'm getting....
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Ask GRB
Are Seventh Day Adventists a fundamental, rigid religion like Mormons and JWs? Or are they more low key like Methodists and Lutherans or whatever. Apologies if I'm offending/bothering anyone with these generalizations.
We just moved next to a private 7DA school. It's funny to see the soccer field empty on Saturdays. I tried to Google this but i couldn't figure out how to word the query.
We just moved next to a private 7DA school. It's funny to see the soccer field empty on Saturdays. I tried to Google this but i couldn't figure out how to word the query.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31035
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Ask GRB
From my understanding, much closer to the Morman end of the spectrum.BottenFieldofDreams wrote: ↑October 26 21, 5:56 pmAre Seventh Day Adventists a fundamental, rigid religion like Mormons and JWs? Or are they more low key like Methodists and Lutherans or whatever. Apologies if I'm offending/bothering anyone with these generalizations.
We just moved next to a private 7DA school. It's funny to see the soccer field empty on Saturdays. I tried to Google this but i couldn't figure out how to word the query.
- redbirdjazzz
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4921
- Joined: April 17 06, 10:50 am
- Location: Columbia, MO
Re: Ask GRB
It kinda depends where they're from. Midwestern and Southern SDA churches and universities tend much more fundamentalist, while West Coast ones are much more liberal in pretty much all aspects of life.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑October 26 21, 7:42 pmFrom my understanding, much closer to the Morman end of the spectrum.BottenFieldofDreams wrote: ↑October 26 21, 5:56 pmAre Seventh Day Adventists a fundamental, rigid religion like Mormons and JWs? Or are they more low key like Methodists and Lutherans or whatever. Apologies if I'm offending/bothering anyone with these generalizations.
We just moved next to a private 7DA school. It's funny to see the soccer field empty on Saturdays. I tried to Google this but i couldn't figure out how to word the query.



