The Car Discussion Thread
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
I'm thinking it is time to start looking at new cars. Ideally, I'd get a truck to pull around a small jon boat, but I don't want to spend any money. Probably have this conversation in my head about twice a year and always decide to keep the 07 honda I'm driving around now. This year may be different though. Honda is starting to age. It needs a new headliner (puke), the headlights need to be taken out and dropped in acid or something to get rid of the fog on them. Mechanically, she's still a beaut though which is why I always end up deciding to keep her. But, seriously, I don't want to pay $300 or whatever to get the headliner fixed and it's starting to completely detach. Had to cut one part off just so I could see.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
**Head explosion gif here**tlombard wrote:It would be nice if common sense were still common these days. Not backing up to get clear of the ice is baffling to me even if they just turned around after and went another direction. How is that not obvious????
- Swirls
- gone fission
- Posts: 8299
- Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
- Location: South Korea
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Use bug spray.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'm thinking it is time to start looking at new cars. Ideally, I'd get a truck to pull around a small jon boat, but I don't want to spend any money. Probably have this conversation in my head about twice a year and always decide to keep the 07 honda I'm driving around now. This year may be different though. Honda is starting to age. It needs a new headliner (puke), the headlights need to be taken out and dropped in acid or something to get rid of the fog on them. Mechanically, she's still a beaut though which is why I always end up deciding to keep her. But, seriously, I don't want to pay $300 or whatever to get the headliner fixed and it's starting to completely detach. Had to cut one part off just so I could see.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Don't do it!!!!Swirls wrote:Use bug spray.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'm thinking it is time to start looking at new cars. Ideally, I'd get a truck to pull around a small jon boat, but I don't want to spend any money. Probably have this conversation in my head about twice a year and always decide to keep the 07 honda I'm driving around now. This year may be different though. Honda is starting to age. It needs a new headliner (puke), the headlights need to be taken out and dropped in acid or something to get rid of the fog on them. Mechanically, she's still a beaut though which is why I always end up deciding to keep her. But, seriously, I don't want to pay $300 or whatever to get the headliner fixed and it's starting to completely detach. Had to cut one part off just so I could see.
- a_smith
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4561
- Joined: September 20 06, 10:55 am
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Why not?wart57 wrote:Don't do it!!!!Swirls wrote:Use bug spray.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'm thinking it is time to start looking at new cars. Ideally, I'd get a truck to pull around a small jon boat, but I don't want to spend any money. Probably have this conversation in my head about twice a year and always decide to keep the 07 honda I'm driving around now. This year may be different though. Honda is starting to age. It needs a new headliner (puke), the headlights need to be taken out and dropped in acid or something to get rid of the fog on them. Mechanically, she's still a beaut though which is why I always end up deciding to keep her. But, seriously, I don't want to pay $300 or whatever to get the headliner fixed and it's starting to completely detach. Had to cut one part off just so I could see.
Too hard to get off?
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
you can sand the haze off as well. If you don't want to go it alone there are kits you can buy at most parts stores that fit your drill. Takes roughly 20 minutes per headlight. Depending on what exactly is going on with your headlights Mequires scratch X will work too.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18725
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Not sure about the bug spray route, but I've done as dreamer suggests and they turn out well.IMADreamer wrote:you can sand the haze off as well. If you don't want to go it alone there are kits you can buy at most parts stores that fit your drill. Takes roughly 20 minutes per headlight. Depending on what exactly is going on with your headlights Mequires scratch X will work too.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
As far as the headliner goes, a friend and I redid the headliner in my old Camaro for practically nothing years ago. Assuming the cardboard/whatever backing material is good you can simply take it out, remove the old headliner and just cover it again with some material you can easily get at a fabric store and some spray glue. You should just have to remove a couple of trim pieces and it should come right out pretty easily.
The backing of mine needed a bit of attention from the t-tops leaking a bit but even that wasn't anything that some duct tape couldn't handle, LOL.
The backing of mine needed a bit of attention from the t-tops leaking a bit but even that wasn't anything that some duct tape couldn't handle, LOL.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Thanks guys. The issue with the headliner is that there is some nasty spongy material glued onto the frame. The headliner is no longer attached to that spongy material and the spongy material is no longer attached to the frame. So...puke. I tried scraping it off which was a real pita then glueing it directly to the frame but that didn't work.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
I would think that you can hopefully find a cheap replacement kit for the whole thing that is a lot cheaper than $400.
I don't know what car you have other than you mentioned an 07 Honda but maybe you can use this one for sale at $80?
https://www.partsmarket.com/cars/Honda/ ... /109924707
I don't know what car you have other than you mentioned an 07 Honda but maybe you can use this one for sale at $80?
https://www.partsmarket.com/cars/Honda/ ... /109924707



