But is there any evidence he carries a suitcase made of carpet?Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 2:02 pmSure, but this smug [expletive] is the one running the team now, and HE was born in Cincinnati.CardsofSTL wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:50 pmBill DeWitt Jr was born in St. Louis. You can disagree with ownership decisions without the name calling.KenBoyer14 wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:37 pmWow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.
Cardinals post season press conference announced
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69936
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69936
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62352
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
I haven’t been to Busch since 2016. And I really don’t want to make the trip just to catch some games in a mostly empty stadium.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
Having a young mlb roster and a top minor league system should inspire hope. They should be taking major steps this offseason toward fielding a competitive team in ‘27 and beyond.
I should be excited and making plans for a trip home. Instead, I wonder whether my last game at Busch was a decade ago.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69936
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Chaim did this press conference solo which is different from past years. Didn't say too much specifically about anything that I heard.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69936
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Also it is weird that I never saw a stream link posted on the cardinals website or their youtube channel; just that random tweet from stl sports central; amateur hour.
-
jagtrader
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12650
- Joined: June 5 06, 10:01 am
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
He never does. But at least he doesn’t mislead like the previous guy.CardsofSTL wrote: ↑September 28 26, 2:54 pmChaim did this press conference solo which is different from past years. Didn't say too much specifically about anything that I heard.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30843
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
I basically agree. I think 2 of those 3 is fine, and Leahy in particular showed enough in the second half to get another look. But just trade McGreevy.jagtrader wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:43 pmSomeone should say this out loud before we delve too deeply into the corporate double speak that permeates MLB press conferences these days: If the Cardinals keep Leahy, McGreevy and Pallante all in the rotation, they are punting next season.
All three of them exceeded their xERA. For McGreevy and Leahy, the gap was significant. What we saw from them this season was pretty much the best-case scenario. Their lack of strikeouts and high WHIPs are not conducive to continued success. You can have one guy like that. You can't have three.
Could they improve? Sure. Could the defense and Grand Canyon ballpark prop them up more? Absolutely. In fact, both probably will. But if the Cardinals are banking on that, they're not trying. Bloom knows those guys are smoke and mirrors far better than I do. So if he sticks with them, he's telling us he's looking at 2028.
We'll likely be on the same page next year unless some acquisitions are made. At this point I don't see what we're waiting for. Not sure it's Bloom's call though.
-
Birds67
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 1042
- Joined: October 23 25, 5:02 pm
- Location: Colorado Springs
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
3 losing seasons of the last 4, 30 games under .500 isn't enough to make this organization want to be a winning organization? If the DeWitt's don't want to win and have that stadium full, they should get out. You've got to have the #1 thing for winning, strong dependable pitching. Starters and bullpen. Hoping the young guys are getting the necessary experience to become part of winning. If they have to acquire good pitching through trades or free agents, gotta get out there and make that happen.ghostrunner wrote: ↑September 28 26, 4:05 pmI basically agree. I think 2 of those 3 is fine, and Leahy in particular showed enough in the second half to get another look. But just trade McGreevy.jagtrader wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:43 pmSomeone should say this out loud before we delve too deeply into the corporate double speak that permeates MLB press conferences these days: If the Cardinals keep Leahy, McGreevy and Pallante all in the rotation, they are punting next season.
All three of them exceeded their xERA. For McGreevy and Leahy, the gap was significant. What we saw from them this season was pretty much the best-case scenario. Their lack of strikeouts and high WHIPs are not conducive to continued success. You can have one guy like that. You can't have three.
Could they improve? Sure. Could the defense and Grand Canyon ballpark prop them up more? Absolutely. In fact, both probably will. But if the Cardinals are banking on that, they're not trying. Bloom knows those guys are smoke and mirrors far better than I do. So if he sticks with them, he's telling us he's looking at 2028.
We'll likely be on the same page next year unless some acquisitions are made. At this point I don't see what we're waiting for. Not sure it's Bloom's call though.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43295
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Cardinals Twitter's takeaway from the press conference was that if there's a 2027 season, the Cardinals will still be in rebuild mode and won't be investing in free agents or trades for veterans til 2028. Was that what was actually said? If so, that's really disappointing. 2027 isn't a "sell the farm go all in, this is it" season, but they could absolutely make the playoffs with some additions.
I'm not expecting there to be a season at all, anyway, so it's probably a moot point.
I'm not expecting there to be a season at all, anyway, so it's probably a moot point.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30843
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
What I’ve heard from media members over the past year or so is that 2028 is the team’s target and has been since last year.
Goold said that again the other day on 101. I think he cited the CBA plus something to do with the tv deal. I’ll have to go back and listen.
Goold said that again the other day on 101. I think he cited the CBA plus something to do with the tv deal. I’ll have to go back and listen.

