Cardinals post season press conference announced
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Time to announce demands for St. Louis to finance a new stadium?
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31038
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
For the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
Online
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18728
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
They reap what they sow.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69895
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Did I miss the press conference or is everyone just pissed off in advance?
- KenBoyer14
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 204
- Joined: October 12 19, 5:09 pm
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Wow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.
-
jagtrader
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12648
- Joined: June 5 06, 10:01 am
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Someone should say this out loud before we delve too deeply into the corporate double speak that permeates MLB press conferences these days: If the Cardinals keep Leahy, McGreevy and Pallante all in the rotation, they are punting next season.
All three of them exceeded their xERA. For McGreevy and Leahy, the gap was significant. What we saw from them this season was pretty much the best-case scenario. Their lack of strikeouts and high WHIPs are not conducive to continued success. You can have one guy like that. You can't have three.
Could they improve? Sure. Could the defense and Grand Canyon ballpark prop them up more? Absolutely. In fact, both probably will. But if the Cardinals are banking on that, they're not trying. Bloom knows those guys are smoke and mirrors far better than I do. So if he sticks with them, he's telling us he's looking at 2028.
All three of them exceeded their xERA. For McGreevy and Leahy, the gap was significant. What we saw from them this season was pretty much the best-case scenario. Their lack of strikeouts and high WHIPs are not conducive to continued success. You can have one guy like that. You can't have three.
Could they improve? Sure. Could the defense and Grand Canyon ballpark prop them up more? Absolutely. In fact, both probably will. But if the Cardinals are banking on that, they're not trying. Bloom knows those guys are smoke and mirrors far better than I do. So if he sticks with them, he's telling us he's looking at 2028.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69895
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Bill DeWitt Jr was born in St. Louis. You can disagree with ownership decisions without the name calling.KenBoyer14 wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:37 pmWow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24272
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Well what's the fun in that ?CardsofSTL wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:50 pmBill DeWitt Jr was born in St. Louis. You can disagree with ownership decisions without the name calling.KenBoyer14 wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:37 pmWow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69895
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
The season is over and so is the fun.Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:53 pmWell what's the fun in that ?CardsofSTL wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:50 pmBill DeWitt Jr was born in St. Louis. You can disagree with ownership decisions without the name calling.KenBoyer14 wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:37 pmWow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31038
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Cardinals post season press conference announced
Sure, but this smug [expletive] is the one running the team now, and HE was born in Cincinnati.CardsofSTL wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:50 pmBill DeWitt Jr was born in St. Louis. You can disagree with ownership decisions without the name calling.KenBoyer14 wrote: ↑September 28 26, 1:37 pmWow, I knew attendance was bad. But not THAT bad.Popeye_Card wrote: ↑September 28 26, 10:43 amFor the second season in a row, the 100+ loss Rockies outdrew the Cardinals. The only teams to sell fewer tickets than the Cardinals were the Marlins, Pirates, Reds, and Nationals.
Owners, this is the sad state you have allowed this proud franchise to reach.
I couldn't despise this ownership more, even if I was paid to do so.
Go back to Cincinnati you carpetbagging nitwits.

