Little League World Series

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Little League World Series

Post by thrill »

jim wrote:90mph from 60' would be harder to hit, just the extra distance the ball is traveling.
Yeah when I played in high school, I used to hit wiffle golf balls going 45 from 15 feet with a bat that was an inch round and it was easier than 80 from the mound with a regular bat.

User avatar
UK
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4263
Joined: December 10 06, 6:41 pm
Location: Baseball Purgatory.

Re: Little League World Series

Post by UK »

If it's on tonite, count how many curves you see and how many change-ups.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Little League World Series

Post by stlouie_lipp »

jim wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
jim wrote:
haltz wrote:It seems to me like the fences are absurdly short. Aren't they like 200'? Just going from memory of sixth grade or whatever that seems ridiculous. I played in a league in Austin then, that I was young for I guess, where the fences were at least 50' further than that. Actually, that year, or the year after maybe I think it was 300' to center.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I don't pay much attention to the LLWS, but it just seems like a circus all the way around.
It is a circus, that's a good way to describe what it has become.

The fences are short, but I believe that is LL rules or guidelines. Personally, I don't like LL rules. By 12 years old, they should start playing leadoffs. dropped 3rd strike, etc... 60 feet is too short for the bases (70 is more appropriate for that age). 50 feet pitching (vs the 46 they actually use) etc...

I always thought the same thing about the rules. When I was playing LL we had leadoffs and dropped 3rd strikes. Did the rules change from the '80s?
Sure it was Little League? Because LL has always had those rules. Sometimes people call it generically "Little League", when it's some other sanctioned league (Pony League, Pee Wee Reese etc..). If you genuinely played Little League, with the official LL patch on your uniform and post season tournament format, you weren't leading off.
Ah...thanks for clearing that up. It was Pee Wee Reese. Glad I didn't play "Little League" with those lame rules.

Post Reply