Star Wars Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Al Dente

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by obucard »

Lasag Ne

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by pioneer98 »

Mostac Cioli

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by Jocephus »

i enjoyed this interview with hamil, fwiw


User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I finally saw The Last Jedi. I liked the B-plot. But I was pretty meh or worse on the whole package. Great, where all you could say about Asians in Star Wars previously, is that some bad guys had racist caricature Asian accents, to have a female Asian hero.
[SHOW]
If Luke has to die or pass into the ether or whatever, I think it would be much better if he did it being badass in person. I didn't care for all the telepathy-- felt cheap and janky to me.

Maybe the third will redeem the second on this count, but did anything happen, as far as the long story arc goes? If it did, it may as well have been written in the scroll at the beginning--for all we ever learned of Snoke, it may as well have. Introducing Laura Dern, giving her 2.5 minutes of screentime then playing a huge sacrifice on her part--just didn't really payoff.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

The new guy has a Star Wars pillow on his bed.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:The new guy has a Star Wars pillow on his bed.
If I was a new guy at a fire station I'm not sure I'd show up with themed linens.

User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:The new guy has a Star Wars pillow on his bed.
If I was a new guy at a fire station I'm not sure I'd show up with themed linens.
I don't know. Seems like a good way to announce your Brony-hood.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:The new guy has a Star Wars pillow on his bed.
If I was a new guy at a fire station I'm not sure I'd show up with themed linens.
It’s unorthodox.

But he made up for it with his complete lack of orientation to place on planet Earth. And by losing his ($$$) radio when he left it sitting in the middle of the street.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Star Wars Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Went to see the Han Solo movie today and loved it. Took about a half-hour for the movie to hit its stride, but once it did it really took off. Just what I was hoping for. Tons of action, the right amount of humor, and juuust enough tie in to the Star Wars movies.
[SHOW]
A big smile came to my face when Chewie jumped into the co-pilot seat and they started playing the Star Wars theme. And settling the "did Han shoot first?" debate was great.


Great summer movie fun.

Post Reply