fantasy hockey?

Talk about fantasy sports here
Post Reply
User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by longhornbaseball »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I believe I autodrafted last year too...totally forgot about the draft.
I did hours of research Saturday afternoon that led me to the conclusion that Ovechkin was the best player available. Luckily I was able to get the second best player (Mike Green).

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by TimeForGuinness »

longhornbaseball wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:I believe I autodrafted last year too...totally forgot about the draft.
I did hours of research Saturday afternoon that led me to the conclusion that Ovechkin was the best player available. Luckily I was able to get the second best player (Mike Green).
That's a great pick...I would have gone after him if I had the opportunity (and was at the draft)

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by TheoSqua »

I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.

Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.

User avatar
Swingingbunt
All-Star
Posts: 2904
Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by Swingingbunt »

TheoSqua wrote:I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.

Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
If you'd put that avatar up during the draft, I'd have missed half my picks...wowza.

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by longhornbaseball »

TheoSqua wrote:I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.

Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
You got a fair deal for Staal. The difference between Staal and Brad Richards (your replacement) is less than the difference between Johnson + Robidas and Hedman + J Johnson. It sucks to give up a star like Staal but its all about relative value. You made your team better. I did too as (Staal - Derek Roy) > (Johnson - Byfuglien).

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by TheoSqua »

It's a bit different in Hockey than Baseball/Football, though. Because there's only 82 games you have a ton of off-days. So having a solid 3rd/4th Center is super valuable. In the end I agree with your logic, considering I made the trade. But it's not like Richards was just going to rot on my bench if I didn't trade Staal.

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by TimeForGuinness »

JackofDiamonds wrote:I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.
The Sedin sisters?

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by JackofDiamonds »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
JackofDiamonds wrote:I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.
The Sedin sisters?
I am looking to ride those sisters all the way to the bank.

Wait, what?

User avatar
Swingingbunt
All-Star
Posts: 2904
Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: fantasy hockey?

Post by Swingingbunt »

Willing to move a D-Man for LW help (or G if Miller is going to be out for awhile). I have 4 or 5 performing really well right now on D, and a weak ass LW group.

Post Reply