I did hours of research Saturday afternoon that led me to the conclusion that Ovechkin was the best player available. Luckily I was able to get the second best player (Mike Green).TimeForGuinness wrote:I believe I autodrafted last year too...totally forgot about the draft.
fantasy hockey?
- longhornbaseball
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5527
- Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
That's a great pick...I would have gone after him if I had the opportunity (and was at the draft)longhornbaseball wrote:I did hours of research Saturday afternoon that led me to the conclusion that Ovechkin was the best player available. Luckily I was able to get the second best player (Mike Green).TimeForGuinness wrote:I believe I autodrafted last year too...totally forgot about the draft.
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
Re: fantasy hockey?
I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.
Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
- Swingingbunt
- All-Star
- Posts: 2904
- Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: fantasy hockey?
If you'd put that avatar up during the draft, I'd have missed half my picks...wowza.TheoSqua wrote:I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.
Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
- longhornbaseball
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5527
- Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
You got a fair deal for Staal. The difference between Staal and Brad Richards (your replacement) is less than the difference between Johnson + Robidas and Hedman + J Johnson. It sucks to give up a star like Staal but its all about relative value. You made your team better. I did too as (Staal - Derek Roy) > (Johnson - Byfuglien).TheoSqua wrote:I got fleeced on trading for Defense. I totally forgot about the draft, then I logged in for it when my Dad came home. Got to talking to him and missed the first 3 rounds cause my laptop sound was muted. Doh.
Then I started drafting and forgot to take defensemen, ended up having to trade Eric Staal for Erik Johnson and some depth guy.
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
Re: fantasy hockey?
It's a bit different in Hockey than Baseball/Football, though. Because there's only 82 games you have a ton of off-days. So having a solid 3rd/4th Center is super valuable. In the end I agree with your logic, considering I made the trade. But it's not like Richards was just going to rot on my bench if I didn't trade Staal.
- JackofDiamonds
- Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
- Posts: 15010
- Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
The Sedin sisters?JackofDiamonds wrote:I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.
- JackofDiamonds
- Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
- Posts: 15010
- Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm
Re: fantasy hockey?
I am looking to ride those sisters all the way to the bank.TimeForGuinness wrote:The Sedin sisters?JackofDiamonds wrote:I have some cleaning up to do after auto-drafting... but I am excited about having both Sedins.
Wait, what?
- Swingingbunt
- All-Star
- Posts: 2904
- Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: fantasy hockey?
Willing to move a D-Man for LW help (or G if Miller is going to be out for awhile). I have 4 or 5 performing really well right now on D, and a weak ass LW group.


