Windows 10
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12895
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Windows 10
hmm, I surprised to hear it's running slow for you. I upgraded my laptop over the weekend and it seems fairly snappy. The only thing that is slow is steam. It's super slow. It took nearly 5 minutes to start up city skylines.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Windows 10
has anyone looked into windows 11? i'm getting a free windows 11 upgrade offer/update and didn't know if it was worth switching already (i'm on windows 10).
I remember when i had windows 7, i think and i got an offer for 10 and i kept declining it 'cause i'd heard/seen windows 10 didn't start off well or was buggy or whatever...then the offer went away and i was forced to buy a new laptop in jan 2020 'cause windows stopped updates for windows 7...so if i can get a free update now im thinking maybe it's worth it?
I remember when i had windows 7, i think and i got an offer for 10 and i kept declining it 'cause i'd heard/seen windows 10 didn't start off well or was buggy or whatever...then the offer went away and i was forced to buy a new laptop in jan 2020 'cause windows stopped updates for windows 7...so if i can get a free update now im thinking maybe it's worth it?
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Windows 10
They will end support for Windows 10 in 2025; so I would say upgrade if you think you'll still be using the same laptop. If you think you will buy new before or in '25 and like Windows 10; I wouldn't bother. 10 & 11 are visually different but basically run the same as an OS.Jocephus wrote: ↑October 25 21, 9:56 amhas anyone looked into windows 11? i'm getting a free windows 11 upgrade offer/update and didn't know if it was worth switching already (i'm on windows 10).
I remember when i had windows 7, i think and i got an offer for 10 and i kept declining it 'cause i'd heard/seen windows 10 didn't start off well or was buggy or whatever...then the offer went away and i was forced to buy a new laptop in jan 2020 'cause windows stopped updates for windows 7...so if i can get a free update now im thinking maybe it's worth it?
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Windows 10
Also usually you have ten days to undo those free upgrades so you could always take it for a test drive.
- Famous Mortimer
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3959
- Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
- Location: Cherokee
Re: Windows 10
I've got it on my laptop, and it seems fine.

