NFL 2011 Week 1

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24273
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

cardsfansince82 wrote:The Chefs are getting killed and getting booed mercilessly. It's only week 1, TBFFIA.
As a Bills fan, I am in shock they are winning like this. Are the Chiefs that bad?

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:The Chefs are getting killed and getting booed mercilessly. It's only week 1, TBFFIA.
As a Bills fan, I am in shock they are winning like this. Are the Chiefs that bad?
I think most of their fans expected them to be as good as last year, but with a worse record because of a tough schedule. I didn't think they were quite that good, but nothing close to what they looked like today. Completely lifeless in the home opener against a team everyone had them penciled in to beat.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Socnorb11 »

Wow...... the Seahawks are truly awful. And the 49ers don't look much better. 6-10 might win that division this year.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Freed Roger »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:The Chefs are getting killed and getting booed mercilessly. It's only week 1, TBFFIA.
As a Bills fan, I am in shock they are winning like this. Are the Chiefs that bad?
I think most of their fans expected them to be as good as last year, but with a worse record because of a tough schedule. I didn't think they were quite that good, but nothing close to what they looked like today. Completely lifeless in the home opener against a team everyone had them penciled in to beat.
The Chefs loss took out about 5 from our knockout pool of 40 people. I was surprised that about 12 also were knocked out because they picked the Browns to win. Were the Browns really a hard favorite?

I'm still in, pending NE beatdown of Miami tomorrow(me hopes).

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Leroy »

I was amazed at the booing at the Chiefs game. I mean, it started when it was only 7-0. I only watched until it was 14-0 so I can't really comment on how bad the Chiefs are. I'm far from being a Bills fan, but I wouldn't mind too much if they aren't terrible anymore.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Leroy »

Mike Greenburg must be sucking on a pacifier right now.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Freed Roger »

Leroy wrote:Mike Greenburg must be sucking on a pacifier right now.
what - were the chiefs his lock of the week?

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Leroy »

Not that I know of. He is just such an unabashed Jets fan he is hard to listen to. He may be feeling better all of a sudden.

Sounds like there are a lot of Jets fans at the game.

User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by Richie Allen »

Picks I was probably influenced negatively on by the Yahoo consensus pick percentages...

*Chicago losing at home (79% took ATL). Why does everyone assume the Bears will be nothing this year?

*Pittsburgh winning at Baltimore (65% took Pitt). Pittsburgh is notorious for starting slowly.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: NFL 2011 Week 1

Post by stlouie_lipp »

yuck

Post Reply