SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by G. Keenan »

I've always thought it would be awesome to see the herd of Great Plains buffalo when it was 60 million strong.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim
Posts: 4129
Joined: October 7 06, 7:23 am
Location: springfield illinois

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Radbird wrote:What a tough question. Once I thought of the "right" answer for me, it seemed obvious.

I would like to observe my dad's WWII service in the Pacific.
along those lines i would like to see this countries reaction to pearl harbor and the 4 years that we were involved in WWII. 100 million in population and 10 million under arms. Defininately the greatest generation....

User avatar
Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid
Posts: 3140
Joined: July 25 06, 1:02 pm
Location: Decatur, IL

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

I think watchin fightin dinosaurs would be pretty damn cool.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62285
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Radbird »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
Radbird wrote:What a tough question. Once I thought of the "right" answer for me, it seemed obvious.

I would like to observe my dad's WWII service in the Pacific.
along those lines i would like to see this countries reaction to pearl harbor and the 4 years that we were involved in WWII. 100 million in population and 10 million under arms. Defininately the greatest generation....
Or watching Germany in the '30s and trying to understand how in the hell someone like Hitler ever rose to power.

User avatar
tothebeach08
All-Star
Posts: 1564
Joined: January 10 08, 2:52 pm
Location: In My Happy Place

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by tothebeach08 »

I would want to go to Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and see Bob Gibson's 17 K's.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by JL21 »

Radbird wrote:
M1IRONMIKE wrote:
Radbird wrote:What a tough question. Once I thought of the "right" answer for me, it seemed obvious.

I would like to observe my dad's WWII service in the Pacific.
along those lines i would like to see this countries reaction to pearl harbor and the 4 years that we were involved in WWII. 100 million in population and 10 million under arms. Defininately the greatest generation....
Or watching Germany in the '30s and trying to understand how in the hell someone like Hitler ever rose to power.
I know someone who wasn't watching three hours of the National Geographic Channel last night.

I think it'd be cool to see the beatniks in the 50's. Or the French Revolution.

Or, better yet, is it restricted to one place? I want to go to 1968, see RFK's speech after the MLK assassination, and then swing by Busch Stadium to watch Bob Gibson pitch.

AJ

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by AJ »

October 10th, 1926, Yankee Stadium

Seeing Hornsby tag out Ruth trying to steal 2nd, giving the Cards their first WS over the Yanks would have been priceless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ruth1926-3.jpg

User avatar
Hudler
All-Star
Posts: 2293
Joined: September 13 06, 12:02 am
Location: Fulton,MO

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Hudler »

In a plane over the English Channel on June 6,1944 to see the D-Day invasion from the air. Everything I've read says it was the most incredible sight.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62285
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by Radbird »

tothebeach08 wrote:I would want to go to Game 1 of the 1968 World Series and see Bob Gibson's 17 K's.
I watched that in our high school gym where they had TVs set up. I had the misfortune of getting tickets for me and my dad to Game 2, where some guy named Lolich ruined the afternoon.

User avatar
KyCardinalFan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5520
Joined: May 31 06, 3:16 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: SPEAKING OF TIME TRAVEL

Post by KyCardinalFan »

I'd want to solve some of history's mysteries. I'd want to be on the grassy knoll in Dallas, November 1963; tail Jimmy Hoffa for a few days before his disappearance; be in a plane behind Amelia Earhart; be at stonehenge when it was still a pile of rubble... stuff like that.

How long do I have with the way-back machine?
Image

Post Reply