Watching Weaver's start on GameDay Live...

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Post by Richie Allen »

Leroy wrote:Call me callous, but I didn't like Weaver before he came, so I don't like him now. I'll always be glad for what he did there at the end, but he has shown at several stops that he just isn't that good.

I wish nothing but good for Suppan though, except against us. :twisted: :twisted:
I'm with you on both counts. Although it wouldn't break my heart if Sup struggled a bit this year. I definitely find myself rooting against Weaver.

DynamicDynamite
Veteran Player
Posts: 806
Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm

Post by DynamicDynamite »

thats the whole reason I felt like putting this on here... Rooting against Weaver is one thing that made today better for me after the sorry loss the Cardinals had...

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

It's kind of bitter sweet. I really love the effort and energy the guy brough to the playoffs, but he just made a terrible decision to go to Seattle.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

As much as we all root against Weaver, wouldn't we all give him a hand if he came back to Busch for a game? I know I would.

User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Post by Richie Allen »

cabby7588 wrote:As much as we all root against Weaver, wouldn't we all give him a hand if he came back to Busch for a game? I know I would.
He played a key role in our post season success and I think we'll all remember that. I rooted for him last year and was interested in keeping him in 2007. His departure, however, and the way it went down, combined with my prior dislike of him makes it somewhat easy for me to root against him at this point. I can't say for sure if I'd be in on that ovation. I'd probably be one of those booing, although with a smile on my face.

DynamicDynamite
Veteran Player
Posts: 806
Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm

Post by DynamicDynamite »

Richie Allen wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:As much as we all root against Weaver, wouldn't we all give him a hand if he came back to Busch for a game? I know I would.
He played a key role in our post season success and I think we'll all remember that. I rooted for him last year and was interested in keeping him in 2007. His departure, however, and the way it went down, combined with my prior dislike of him makes it somewhat easy for me to root against him at this point. I can't say for sure if I'd be in on that ovation. I'd probably be one of those booing, although with a smile on my face.
I think im in the same boat.. I was a fan of his for a while, and then when he kept making bad decision after bad decision cause of Boras that went away... He then came here in the dumpster trade last year and I felt it could be decent... he far out did my expectations, but he was nothing more than a 5 inning pitcher who did better(along with everyone else) come playoff time.

Then after the season he says he wants to stay in St. Louis and it wasnt about the money cause he wanted to have a few years staying somewhere without the money. Then he goes out and signs a 1 year deal for 3+ million more a year, and then says he was insulted by the offer he got money wise and that the Cardinals weren't loyal to him...

Would I give him an ovation? It's possible, but at the same time Im not sure I could do it...

User avatar
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8386
Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
Location: CoMo

Post by Secret Weapon »

I like Weaver and wish him nothing but the best. I can't blame him for taking a significantly more lucrative deal somewhere else, and really I blame Boras more than Weaver for what happened in the offseason.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Post by Mary1966 »

I went to this game. When the Mariners intentionally loaded the bases, I got a feeling that Hunter was going to launch one. When Weaver made the putout to end the inning, he flung the ball into the ground in disgust. I'll bet he was thinking, "#$%^& Scott Boras, I should have stayed in St. Louis!"

:lol:

DynamicDynamite
Veteran Player
Posts: 806
Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm

Post by DynamicDynamite »

i dont think any of us are saying we like Scott Boras that are saying we dont care for Weaver... We are just people that are saying if Weaver truly wanted to stay here and everything as he was making it out to be that he could have fired Boras who was saying "well if they dont get us the money then we should do 'A' instead of 'B' "..

It wouldnt have been the first time that an agent had been fired... I think Gary Sheffield did that once, and so did Curt Schilling who are now their own agents...

Magneto
Veteran Player
Posts: 984
Joined: April 20 06, 5:39 pm

Post by Magneto »

Leroy wrote:Call me callous, but I didn't like Weaver before he came, so I don't like him now. I'll always be glad for what he did there at the end, but he has shown at several stops that he just isn't that good.

I wish nothing but good for Suppan though, except against us. :twisted: :twisted:
I agree with everything here. I never liked Weaver, even when he was good for us.

Post Reply