Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Talk about fantasy sports here
Post Reply
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by Fat Strat »

I don't mean your season sweep or anything, I mean winning both your football and baseball leagues? I'm in 2nd place rigth now by 1.5 points in my main football league (points league, not h2h) with 3 players to go tonight, including Aaron Rogers. I've been going back and forth within 1-5 points of 2 other teams. It should be a race down to the wire. I won the baseball league handily, so if I win this coming week, it's an '08 sweep against the same guys, which will be the first time I or anyone in our group has done that. Anyone else going to win both against the same opponents?

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by JCShutout »

Fat Strat wrote:I don't mean your season sweep or anything, I mean winning both your football and baseball leagues? I'm in 2nd place rigth now by 1.5 points in my main football league (points league, not h2h) with 3 players to go tonight, including Aaron Rogers. I've been going back and forth within 1-5 points of 2 other teams. It should be a race down to the wire. I won the baseball league handily, so if I win this coming week, it's an '08 sweep against the same guys, which will be the first time I or anyone in our group has done that. Anyone else going to win both against the same opponents?
Does being in the championship in all 4 football leagues count?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by Jocephus »

not a chance in hell

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by Fat Strat »

JCShutout wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:I don't mean your season sweep or anything, I mean winning both your football and baseball leagues? I'm in 2nd place rigth now by 1.5 points in my main football league (points league, not h2h) with 3 players to go tonight, including Aaron Rogers. I've been going back and forth within 1-5 points of 2 other teams. It should be a race down to the wire. I won the baseball league handily, so if I win this coming week, it's an '08 sweep against the same guys, which will be the first time I or anyone in our group has done that. Anyone else going to win both against the same opponents?
Does being in the championship in all 4 football leagues count?
Well, not directly to what I was talking about, but winning is never a bad thing!

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by JCShutout »

Fat Strat wrote:
JCShutout wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:I don't mean your season sweep or anything, I mean winning both your football and baseball leagues? I'm in 2nd place rigth now by 1.5 points in my main football league (points league, not h2h) with 3 players to go tonight, including Aaron Rogers. I've been going back and forth within 1-5 points of 2 other teams. It should be a race down to the wire. I won the baseball league handily, so if I win this coming week, it's an '08 sweep against the same guys, which will be the first time I or anyone in our group has done that. Anyone else going to win both against the same opponents?
Does being in the championship in all 4 football leagues count?
Well, not directly to what I was talking about, but winning is never a bad thing!
Won all 4! :D

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by Fat Strat »

I ended up 12 points out of first in my football league. I couldn't update my roster for week 17 because I was out of town and away from the internet all week. I thought I had it all set and had no idea that Marshawn Lynch and Pierre Thomas weren't going to play that week. Had I played the replacements that were on my bench (Addai and Ward) I would have gained 13 more points and won the league.

It really sucks to get that close and then only lose because you're away at family who are still stuck in the internet stone age. Oh well. Baseball is my fantasy sport anyway.

User avatar
dangerous
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4320
Joined: October 3 06, 12:33 am
Location: 605 Freeway at 91

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by dangerous »

no

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Anyone else going for the fantasy sweep?

Post by TheoSqua »

I completed the fantasy sweep. I lost in the playoffs in all of my leagues.

Post Reply