Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
Sunday night, 9pm, moonroof open. I swear to God it felt exactly like a hair dryer on the back of my neck, the air was that hot. Our car said it was 100 degrees at 9pm.
I walked 2 miles to the game on Sunday, sat at the game until the 9th, and walked 2 miles back to our hotel. Luckily there was plenty of humidity to cool you down.
I walked 2 miles to the game on Sunday, sat at the game until the 9th, and walked 2 miles back to our hotel. Luckily there was plenty of humidity to cool you down.
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62315
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
I miss humidity. I'm looking forward to sweating my arse off next week.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
A year or two ago, I went on a bike trip in Utah(Zion national park, beautiful area), and it was 105 degrees one day. Everyone else around me was practically dying, while I felt fine. "How can you possibly stand this heat? People DIE in this kind of heat!!"
I smiled and said: "This is nothing, NOTHING, compared to the 90 degrees+ and 90% humidity summers in good 'ol St. Louie".

I smiled and said: "This is nothing, NOTHING, compared to the 90 degrees+ and 90% humidity summers in good 'ol St. Louie".
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
I have a lot of affection for the St. Louis summers. We would spend every day outdoors playing hockey or basketball in that 100 degree heat. I feel like I can handle it pretty well.
But I sure wasn't missing it today when it was about 76 with a nice breeze here.
But I sure wasn't missing it today when it was about 76 with a nice breeze here.
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
Our car has a temperature thing on it that seems really accurate after the car has been running a couple of minutes. At 6:15 pm on Sunday, it read 108 when the car started and settled into 105. At 8:45, started it back up it read 106 until is settled at 101. We drove out to St. Charles County, and as we drove out it dropped into the low 90's by the time we got out there.
I'll bet whatever the official temp at the airport was though, you could have bumped it up 3-5 degrees downtown.
I'll bet whatever the official temp at the airport was though, you could have bumped it up 3-5 degrees downtown.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
When people out here complain about the weather out here I just smile and nod, playing along. It was 110 here today with 10% humidity and didn't faze me one bit. Nothing compared to growing up in Missouri. Here you can go in the shade and it's actually 10-15 degrees cooler. There's no escaping the heat in Missouri.Cronos69 wrote:A year or two ago, I went on a bike trip in Utah(Zion national park, beautiful area), and it was 105 degrees one day. Everyone else around me was practically dying, while I felt fine. "How can you possibly stand this heat? People DIE in this kind of heat!!"
I smiled and said: "This is nothing, NOTHING, compared to the 90 degrees+ and 90% humidity summers in good 'ol St. Louie".
- Radio_Bugtussle
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3450
- Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
- Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
I look at it this way. The temperature extremes keep out the riff raff. California is full of goofy people because they prefer the mild climate.
Online
My father-in-law says the same EXACT thing, except he lives in Grand Forks, ND. (He's obviously referring to the winters up there).
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18728
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:I look at it this way. The temperature extremes keep out the riff raff. California is full of goofy people because they prefer the mild climate.
My father-in-law says the same EXACT thing, except he lives in Grand Forks, ND. (He's obviously referring to the winters up there).
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
this strategy doesn't seem to be workingRadio_Bugtussle wrote:I look at it this way. The temperature extremes keep out the riff raff. California is full of goofy people because they prefer the mild climate.
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38618
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: Lovely summer weather in St. Louis
Louisville's summer temperatures are similar to those in St. Louis, and since I'm in the Ohio River Valley, I get similar summer humidity.
We do have really long, comfortable autumns here, though. But I wish our winters were harsher, and would kill more of the mosquitoes.
We do have really long, comfortable autumns here, though. But I wish our winters were harsher, and would kill more of the mosquitoes.






